I just don't get...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Smitfire, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Dancing like any other art is an expression of the self, so you should understand that.

I'd have thought a karateka would have an appreciation, what with the forms you guys have to do.

2. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

He does capoeira too..he's a confused Fish.

3. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

You've never seen me "dance" have you ?

4. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

I think I saw you demonstrate (unofficially) Bassai Dai at MAPmeet 2006. Does that count? :evil:

5. Pearlmks

Pearlmks Valued Member

Hardly. I haven't turned anyone into a drunk nor is it about a learning curve or acquired tastes. I just have a small talent for choosing beverages people will enjoy.

Drinks (cocktails, wine, beer, soft-drinks, juices, etc.) are en integral part of what I'm doing. They improve it. For me: A game is better with beer. A celebration is better with champagne. Meat is better with wine. A cold night is better with a cognac and chocolate. Studying is better with mate. Mornings are better with an orange juice and a coffee. A great mood/food/drink pairing can be quite spectacular.

Sometimes that drink is coke or juice, sometimes it isn't. Asado's (barbecue's), for instance, are a whole different experience with wine.

6. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

That's what you think. Never injured myself doing kata. Last time I danced properly, I broke my leg and tore a few ligaments.

I kid you not.

7. Bozza Bostik

Danced properly? Do you also do improper dancing?

#crisco

I think you need to expand on that story a bit. How on earth did you break a leg etc? Its a story we need to hear.

8. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

the only thing i aim to physically express when i train my kata is homicide :p (plus, kata is not spontaneous physical expression, particularly when we go from the part where they are completely prearranged, not spontaneous :p. specific pieces of classical or representative dance would probably be a much better comparison).

also, saying that i do capoeira is... a bit of a stretch, tbh :p

9. LemonSloth

I have head bobbing state, foot tapping, static daddy dancing and all out "hope everyone thinks I'm drunk flailing".

Yes, I am side stepping the Crisco. Those stories are for non MAP ears :p.

I was trying to entertain my baby boy, the ground was wet, my shoes had no grip, I did some kind of surreal hop onto one leg while doing jazz hands in an attempt to recreate a fantastic new move...and my foot went out from under me.

I ended up with my leg twisted in some ghastly position behind me which I proceeded to land on and roll over post bounce.

The worst bit? My boy didn't even smile.

Some people are just impossible to please.

10. Fish Of Doom

so you're basically commander shepard?

11. Bozza Bostik

How ungrateful! Kids these days. *TSK*

12. LemonSloth

...And this is my favourite store on the Citadel.

Wait...

13. Fish Of Doom

well played, sloth. well played :D

14. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Missed this when playing military games using military references....
    So I guess that is the goal of these games

Or they state they did so many things, they did not rest good or had a hard time resting

Strange. Some forms I have done was either to defend or beat someone to a pulp :eek:

15. Fish Of Doom

i was being facetious :p

16. 47MartialMan

Of course you were when part of your name is Doom :evil:

17. wildcat22wilson

wildcat22wilson New Member

How about when people carry handkerchiefs. Its disgusting! Not to mention unsanitary.

18. 47MartialMan

Those that carry are better than those who sneeze all over, including their hands and touch things :D