I just don't get...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Smitfire, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Yes because when a General and experience warrior from your planet's army arrives you have a hard time matching him.

Also there's plenty on Earth that can harm him.

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Although after a quick eBay search he has a problem with cyclists??

3. Dean Winchester

Yep.

Makes him lazy.

4. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I prefer the term "chilled"

He works hard?

5. boards

boards Its all in the reflexes!

And yet other comics show that he can do a unique kryptonian form of martial arts, or a mental fortitude art that prevents people from controlling him. Tends to get forgotten when they want to make Superman a punching bag. The biggest problem with BM punching SM isn't that he is so strong when BM can build a suit even out the strength. It's his speed and reaction time, he can percieve so fast that he and flash can have an entire coversation while people look like they are standing still. Batman could have his hand on his belt and Superman would still have time to disable him without harming him. He's just that fast. And it's not like he is stupid either, his comics have him being rediculously smart but put him with Batman and he shows the intelligence of a 5 year old.:mad:

And don't get me started on Batman being able to spa with wonderwoman and be just as good.:mad::mad::mad:

6. Dean Winchester

Thing that's always got me about Superman fights is that he always gets hit with stuff.

Cars, iron girders etc and he'll get knocked down or whatever but he's bloody Superman those things should just break on contact.

Zod's fists fair enough, a headbutt from Mongul ok fine.

Technically Bats should be just as good, physically of course that's different.

I still want to know how he got GL's ring off of him at the start of New 52.

7. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

I want to be able to spa with wonderwoman also :)

8. boards

boards Its all in the reflexes!

Because he wasn't concentrating:rolleyes:

Yeah techniqually he should be just as good, but her physicals are near supermans. She can reduce the level of her strength but how does she slow down her reflexes?

9. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

You and many, many other middle aged men and comic book nerds :p

Superman as a super hero is just a ridiculous concept.

Almost as ridiculous as the Avengers. They're just Superman's different powers in different bodies.

Don't get me started on the Hulk. I loved the old TV series one with the dodgy light green paint that threw stuffed cows attached to strings. The modern one is just dull.

Also, I want to see a Batman movie with the Riddler done properly. Not sure Ben Affleck as Batman is a good choice, mind.

10. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

This is how I feel about the judgments cast on fictional characters by people who can't adjust their mindset. More the music/lyrics than the act.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkhbOlPU_eo"]I crashed my car in to the Bridge I don't care - YouTube[/ame]

11. Dean Winchester

Self induced concussion from her boobs.

:D

12. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I was thinking about ninjutsu and realized I don't get the point of it. Like I'm going through the forum (because I'm a terrible student and am sulking about having to cut about a 5th of my coursework to make a word limit and I don't wanna) and when things like sparring and competition are brought up one of the big arguments I keep seeing is that ninjutsu isn't designed for face to face confrontation and is more of an ambush art. That sounds cool but if you're basing everything on sneaking up on someone then why do you need a system beyond "snap neck/choke out/slide knife between ribs?"

I mean you could make killing a sentry or an evil grain hoarder look far more fancy but its all the end result if they don't know its coming.

I also don't get why I have cookies half covered in chocolate. Its not making me feel spoiled with chocolatey goodness, its only making me want both a real cookie and a real chocolate digestive.

13. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

People who go on holiday some place and then come back and say, "It was nice, too many tourist though!"...What we you then? local? visiting your hometown?

I don't get that at all.

14. Kframe

Kframe Valued Member

I have to disagree a bit. Ya most Alcoholic drinks taste like garbage, but there are some styles that DO taste very very good.

I think sweet and semi sweet wines taste good. Most of them taste like fruit juice(just with alcohol)

I think traditionally made Mead tastes fantastic. Mead usually was a sweet wine to semi sweet. Taste is amazing.

15. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

So accurate! I have offered a few alternatives but have been generally ignored.

16. Pearlmks

Pearlmks Valued Member

@PASmith and anyone else who doesn't get booze... Come over here. After a few months you'll be drinking AND liking it!!!!! My family, and me, have a proven track record bringing people over. 100% success rate. You've been missing out all these years.

I just don't get... Racism. Never understood it. Even taking into account different cultures and eras. Why would someone swallow that they were born morally superior???

17. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Isn't that like saying, "take up smoking, never mind that you don't like it now, because after 100 packets you'll be puffing away like a chimney"?

If you don't drink I can't see that you're missing out.

18. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I could probably never drink again tomorrow if I so chose.......were it not for a cold pint of Guinness which unfortunately is the most divine beverage ever produced*

*Except Murphy's, which basically doesn't exist anymore

19. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

i do not get the direct correlation between how bourgeois a gathering is and how bizarre the food therein is.

also dancing. i do not get dancing.

20. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Haven't drank for years...I'd probably give it all up for Boddington's though!