I hurt my foot while hitting the heavy bag..

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Niklaus, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Niklaus

Niklaus New Member

I was practicing my kicks which are pretty bad.. i realize now that i hit the bag with my foot instead of my shin and while i was hitting it something happend and it started to hurt.. i sat down for a while and i was all good. After i went home it got swollen and started hurting real bad, its the worst pain ive felt in my leg.. i couldnt even touch the ground with it let alone stand on it.. Its a bit better now but i still cant stand on it.. the outer part of my left leg is the swollen part.

2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Welcome to MAP! Sorry to hear about your foot. Hope it heals quick! RICE method always works for me personally.

3. Niklaus

Niklaus New Member

Thanks for the reply! I've been doing the RICE method and it seems to be helping.

Monkey_Magic and Pretty In Pink like this.
  4. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Get it checked and get an x-ray. The first time I broke my ankle was with a a bad kick. I did not get it checked, I dealt with it myself. The second time I broke my foot I also did it in martial arts. It was then I got an x-ray, because I could not walk, and found out I had broken it before.

5. Niklaus

Niklaus New Member

I don't think it's broken. 2 days have passed and its getting better.It doesnt hurt now, only if i really put my weight on it. I don't know for sure but i hope its not serious. Thanks for the reply!

6. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

If your "none weight bearing" you may well of broken it, if you keep putting weight on it, you could potentially slow down the healing process, and/or do yourself a permanent injury.

Go to A/E and get it checked out.

Niklaus and Monkey_Magic like this.
  7. Dead_pool

^ please excuse the spelling, my new phone keeps autocorrecting things wierdly!

Niklaus likes this.
  8. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Dear auto-correct. It's never the thing that goes "quack".

RE: Op. A&E or a walk-in centre in my opinion. I've broken my hand without knowing it was broken. Durng a wrestling comp. Didn't have the usual signs of breakage either...no swelling, no discolouration/bruising, just a lot of pain and numbness. I sat joking around with the Nurse, who kinda thought I was wasting time for "well it's possibly a sprain like you describe and probably know...but lets X-Ray you anyway".
    1hr Later, I'm in a cast because I have a complete metacarpal break below the knuckle.
    Even the Nurse was suprised and agreed with me..

TLDR - go to A&E

IMG_20191021_120037.jpg

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    Monkey_Magic, Niklaus and Dead_pool like this.
  9. slickoneuk

slickoneuk Member Supporter

Does the pain run up the front outside of your leg, to the side of the big bone? You have probably kicked the bag with your foot and stretched ligaments. Keep the foot moving, it will be painfull as hell. If you stop moving it then things will sieze up and it will be a nightmare to get it moving again. A trip to the emergency room would do no harm either

Niklaus likes this.
  10. Niklaus

Niklaus New Member

The pain is only in my foot while i walk.

11. Dead_pool

Have you been to AE yet?

12. Niklaus

Niklaus New Member

No, both my wrists were injured but one of them healed up. I was hoping the other one would too

13. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

This thread has jinxed me. Cos now I've super sprained me toe. :mad:

14. Niklaus

Niklaus New Member

:eek::( I'm sorry to hear that..
    I hope your toe heals fast.
    Sorry for the jinx :confused: