I Found A School!!!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by #1 Stutta, Feb 17, 2004.

1. #1 Stutta

#1 Stutta The New Boot

:D :D :D

Finally! I just found a new school down here. I'm gonna go check it out tonight. It's a Tae Kwon Do school. It's not Tang Soo Do, but I think it would be good to try something new. I hope it's not a McDojo. That would really suck. Let's hope it's good!

:D :D :D

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Watch out for the magic word...

CON-tract :p

3. Chris.B

Chris.B New Member

The word CON is in contact...would you look at that, you learn something new everyday.

4. Grifter

Grifter Edited by White Wizard

Con is also in the word contract:p

Good luck with the new school

5. #1 Stutta

#1 Stutta The New Boot

Just got back. You know what I forgot? It's President's Day today. It wasn't open.

CON is also in contracts;)

6. TigerAnsTKDLove

TigerAnsTKDLove Ex-TKD'er 2005.

hey good for you! go check it out and see wut u like? if it is a mc dojo that would suck. so check it out first... better safe than sorry.

7. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

Contracts aren't all bad. I got a one year contract in my TKD studio. Payed 20% less because of it, and had no negative effects. Just have to read the fine print. :)

PL

EDIT: Oh, I also got a free uniform. :)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2004
  8. toothpaste100

toothpaste100 Banned In 60 Seconds

Well aren't you the bargain hunter :D

9. Grifter

Grifter Edited by White Wizard

The school I was taking muay thai at had contracts too. You didnt have to sign, but you end up saving money on lessons. And the school sales equipment so you can save money buying uniforms, gloves, pads, ect... when you sign up.

10. Mo Lung

Mo Lung Hard work!

To be offered a contract is absolutely not the same as having to sign a contract. If one is offered and there are good savings to be made and you're planning to stick around anyway, then why not. However, make sure you try it out for a few months first to be absolutely sure.

If you have to sign a contract and don't have the option to pay monthly at most, then I refer you back to Yoda's wise counsel. Con also appears in continuing education - don't write things off automatically! ;)

11. #1 Stutta

#1 Stutta The New Boot

I just got back from the school. I seems like a pretty good school. There's no kicks below the belt or punches to the head, and it's full-contact. The guy said they teach the Olympic style TKD. They said I'll be a green belt when I sign up (honoring my rank in TSD).

12. Epsilon

Epsilon New Member

The only thing that really matters is that you don't get kicked below the belt, especially in the gonad region! :D

13. #1 Stutta

#1 Stutta The New Boot

Yeah, I'll be watching for that.

14. Togakure

Togakure New Member

Just my opinion, but ive always found it better to start at white belt in any new martial arts.

Thus no one teaching you has any false impressions about what you know, and any new white belts who turn to you for help will assume you know alot more about TKD than you do.

Im not really bothered about ranks and belts myself, as long as im being taught im happy.

But I can see how a belt can give you a sense of achievement.