I came here to grow as a warrior

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Yo Feng Lung, Dec 27, 2012.

1. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Also to mention that most of the population are not martial artists yet survive for decades

2. 47MartialMan

But, you have to come to realise, that someone, somewhere, has tangible credibility linking those to anyone you had studied.

If you cannot produce this shred of information, then perhaps, like some have stated, you did not study properly or enough.

It takes a intelligent person to know that what they had studied was not enough and to look for someone else to study with. Hopefully someone with good credibility.

(My post 86)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  3. Feng Lung

Feng Lung Valued Member

Keep in mind that I just got a host of people to do Internet searches & digging for me! Who clearly have more time then I do to try & prove me to be a fraud! There were comments that even those people, their organization, even ranks were completely fictionalized by me alone! I didn't learn from them online, I learned in person! Nor did I need others to validate their art for me! Lol!

Many thanks to the person who did the work! I cannot knock their tenacity in doing so! If they attack their martial art in the same way, I'm sure they will be successful in it!

As the hypothesis of this forum has been, if one facet of my credibility is questionable then, without evidence to the contrary, it all must be questionable! Right?! If you (not specifically) don't deduce that one aspect is correct, it all must be false! To be fair, put this on the other hand! If one aspect (actually quite several) is correct & accurate, without evidence to the contrary, then it all has the potential to be correct! <Gulity until proven innocent, or Innocent until proven guilty?>

4. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

It is the responsibility of the person making the claims to provide the evidence. It is not a matter of guilt but a matter of honesty.

5. LeaFirebender

LeaFirebender Ice Bear has ninja stars

He's just "the doctor"
    [​IMG]

6. Please reality

Please reality Back to basics

Sorry, I didn't address this earlier.

I did appreciate your lengthy explanation on pre-birth cultivation in your reply but I am specifically asking how you increase pre-birth chi in your system. Thank you in advance for your answer.

7. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Could be regional as in a US thing,I suppose.

There are exceptions such as you mention,physicists,biologists. Engineers and architects don't,at least in my experience.Nor business degrees.Lawyers don't.'Course they get "Esquire" for some reason. Do they even read it? And how much is a year's subscription?

Think in the actual classroom people here are more likely to addressed as "Professor". That's what happens when you have a culture that watched all those James Mason and Rex Harrison films you folks imported here.:p

8. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

Over here you only get called Professor if you've got a chair. :) So you only get one or two professors per department generally.

9. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

I had a chemistry teacher last year who has a PhD in Quantum Physics. We usually refer to him with the prefix of "Doctor". Never called him professor.

10. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Yeah,one of the physics teachers in my HS was referred to as Doc Zein. But physics was one of the fields I agreed w/jwt on,it being one of the exceptions in the US.

11. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

Whoops, that should be "Quantum Chemistry". My bad lol.

12. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

WOW! Now this is truly entertaining! My hat is off to everyone involved in this thread, IDK how you manage to keep this going for so long... without totally going postal.

13. 47MartialMan

The Force is with us

14. Count Duckula

Count Duckula Valued Member

Less than 300 posts...
    I'd have thought the fun was going to last longer.

:p

15. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

To be honest after I watched the second video it was like shooting fish in a barrel.

There is nothing I can say or do that will convince either the OP or the Reverend Sifu Dr Professor Admiral Modesto that what they are doing is absolute tripe

The second video confirmed all my previous suspicions. I also wish to midly divert as to how much I hate the "oh thats just a beginners video" excuse...if its for beginners make sure you are teaching them the correct form from the get go, not some half-assed technique that would not work against anyone with a pulse

Is the "Sifu" a fraud? Without further digging thats very hard to establish - but they are poor at what they do

16. 47MartialMan

Interesting, if you go back and look at the posts of Feng Lung and Yo Feng Lung, each use "lol" considerably

17. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

That's very common, besides which it is not unusual for students to pick up phrases used by their teachers.

18. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

i would love it if the "doctor" used good english in his posts. this guy supposedly wrote an 800,000 word dissertation, yet cannot form a complete sentence most of the time.

19. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

You are right putting aside the poor videos that without further digging it is very hard to establish whether he is a fraud.

IMO he kept holding out little bits of information without being completely forthcoming. The kicker is the information he provided was difficult to verify and there were too many lame excuses to ignore.

From the photos on his website, it appears he will most likely attract a certain subset of students probably towards the younger more idealistic and naive type which come to think of it was probably the majority of us when we were younger. :D

Seriously though I just hope he doesn't do any serious damage. At the least, I think he may be negligent because he doesn't know what he doesn't know.

20. 47MartialMan

I said it was "interesting' :p