I came here to grow as a warrior

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Yo Feng Lung, Dec 27, 2012.

1. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

It's a good thing gumby left his arm hanging out there all day. When are you posting sparring vids Feng Lung?

2. Please reality

Please reality Back to basics

Anyone can claim to be a master or Doctor or anything else. However, reality requires a bit more than claims and titles. If you claim to be a master of martial arts, it should be obvious to anyone who sees you demonstrating your art, that you are a master(not just beginners and those who are clueless as to what mastery entails). Another thing is that most of the masters I have come across don't make a big deal about their title and don't call themselves masters. Though they are miles ahead of the rest of us, they will be the first to say that they have further to travel.

Nobody is attacking you, just pointing out the glaring holes in your story. A true martial artist would hold integrity and truth up as importantly as the other ideals bandied about with nothing to back them up.

So let me ask again, how does your system increase pre-birth chi? What training methods do you use for this?

3. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

The thing about real academic titles awarded by genuine academic institutions is that they are verifiable. As an example:

http://www.history.ac.uk/history-on...ther-customs-analysing-gesta-roberti-wiscardi
    http://books.google.co.uk/books/about/Other_Times_Other_Customs.html?id=iJa-tgAACAAJ&redir_esc=y

You are welcome to call yourself Dr and put the initials PhD after your own name, but the title and postnominals are a sham. Unfortunately it is that kind of falsehood that makes people question how genuine your other credentials are, it detracts from your achievements in the martial arts and damages your reputation. It is just the same as if I were to call myself Dr because of my years of study in the martial arts as opposed to my having been awarded that qualification by producing work assessed and verified by a number of internal and external examiners to an internationally recognised standard in an actual university. If I did that I would be ridiculed here and by any grouping of legitimate martial artists or academics.

4. micmacimus

micmacimus Valued Member

Y'know, I think if people were seriously doubting my accreditation I would offer them some form of evidence, like a link to a university website that doesn't look like this:
    www.metaphysicsinstitute.org
    and looks something more like this:
    www.unimelb.edu.au
    It has a .edu address, it has a physical address and is a reputable school. If I wanted, I could look up the faculty of philosophy and find the teachers within it.
    You could also provide the name of your thesis supervisor, similar to providing a martial arts pedigree.

There's a disturbing trend with each of the pedigrees you provide. The people have absolutely minimal online prescence, nearly unthinkable in the modern day. For most of the masters or grandmasters whose name's you have provided there's a negligible online footprint. That seems utterly astounding, and you can, I'm sure, forgive our scepticism.

To sum up what seems to be the overriding sentiment here, please explain three things:

1. Is this the institution you attended: metaphysicsinstitute.org
    If not, please provide a link to the institution you attended
    Please elaborate on your thesis supervisor, or where we can find peer reviewed articles that you've had published. I, and I'm sure many others, have access to troves like Jstor, and so anything you've had published is just a few moments away. It would go an awfully long way to establishing some kind of credibility.

2. please provide evidence, by way of links or similar, of the various masters and grandmasters you have learnt under. While I understand MA masters etc. can be slow to adapt to things like the internet, with a lineage as long and varied as yours I'm sure a fair number will be present on the internet.

3. Please show video of your martial art in, to ascribe to the cliche, action. Ideally this will be unscripted sparring, but failing that a demonstration of your art's patterns/forms, some form of semi-scripted sparring or similar will suffice.

Each of these will go a long way to establish credibility, and I'm sure you will find many here very forthcoming with apologies should any of our accusations prove unfounded.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  5. Feng Lung

Feng Lung Valued Member

Thank you, I understand your points, & see this as an actual productive post!

You are correct, there are many who don't understand what it is to be a master, they think somehow that every action they produce should be perfect gold! That is not the case, in many ways it is a title given when a practitioner in a given art reaches a level of skill & maturity of their art! A Sifu is described as 'one who leads the path' {or waiter, depending on context} a Sifu and their student walk the same path, until their path changes. By natural extension of that a Sigung, or Master in western terminology {it's not quite equated the same in translation of these two statements, but is similar enough} is one who has walked the path with experience, {or grandfather, again, depending on context} (I don't mean to get off subject, but I feel it's important to share a bit of things that were happening in my life that led up to my promotion) at a point in my life I gained a lot of weight -previously discussed, & nearly died because of it, but I took control of that, I was jobless for a long time but found something that I enjoy doing that is as healthy for the environment as one can get and have decient pay, I was no longer in turmoil with myself & my body & found control with it!

In the span of 2 months however I was in a car wreck, my arm was burned 4th to 5th degree in an accident at work, I lost one of my King-Fu bothers to cancer, And lost my own Father, which I was (am) very close to! This would be enough to send anyone into a depression spiral, & for most around me it started to, including my own Martial Arts Masters! Yet thru all this I maintained a level of contientment, unreasonable happiness, and strength of character and spirit that held and uplifted those around me! I proved my continued journey of mastery of myself & my life to those that know me! In a martial sense I was no longer clouded & held back by being conflicted & fighting against myself, there became a purity in my movements and actions!

I am not perfect, in the martial arts, & out, but I continually work hard on to improve myself & my skill, this is what makes a Sigung, a Master! ~at least to me, & to those that promoted me

-pre Birth chi, as many might describe, is the inactive energy of life itself; breath, blood circulation, digestion, (some would say even sleep, but I don't know that I would classify it in that)! These are chemical responses within the body that can & have been reproduced in a lab, however do not themselves mean that life has been created! At the same respect post-birth is active body responses muscle movement (not counting nervous electo misfirings) Thought, emotion, -the things that we do that say this is a live thriving person, not just a vegetable!

Cultivating these things (prebirth) is easier then most think, there is nothing mystical about it, become active in your breath- control how much & the length of breath, focus on how deeply and the the speed at which air enters & exits the body, work on how your emotional state effects your breath & control it to find the bodies natural calm rhythm. Blood circulation (also blood pressure) is also a mater of what's described as biofeedback conditioning, as in meditation, like the breath (& often related to breath) you can actively change how often & how hard the heart works , it is in fact the largest cluster of actively firing nerves in the body , next to the brain(I don't remember the actual number, but it is super close to that of the brain!) - not quite a muscle as have been previously thought of! Digestion- it really is a mater of 'watch what you eat' you control what you eat & how the things can effect your body! Heavy processed sugars, starches, artificial products have an often negative change in the bodies chemical responses, sometimes to the point of effecting genetic structures (as in some cancers)! The more Pre-Birth energy you can consume (without itself being chemically treated or genetically modified) the more efficient your body performs, & with more energy! If you can't tell I'm referring to fruits & veggies! (There are tons of links on the net for natural foods & info on them, a nutrition mentor of mine Yuri Elkaim is a great place to start!)

***note; I am in no way prescribing anyone with high blood pressure or cancer in these methods without a great deal of consultation with your medical professional! Though these methods may help, it's best to understand all of your treatment option & weigh the risks with benefits to determine the correct courses for you!

I hope this answers your question on pre-birth chi cultivation

6. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

@ Feng Lung,

Although your legitimacy in scholarly and martial endeavors is still very suspect in my opinion, congrats on losing so much weight. You don't look half bad now compared to the first video of you we saw.

7. Feng Lung

Feng Lung Valued Member

1)To you & JWT, I am looking for this information, it's been a long time since I had to use it. It's not really an excuse, simply a lot of life has happened since, & I'm not looking to get a job in that field, so my need to use this info has long since past!
    Again, I am in NO way affiliated with Metaphysicalinstitute.org or any of those listed! Ill try & find the info, so be patient in regards to this as I'm an active busy person! Lol! Not trying to evade the issue, it's just a fact of my life right now! Sorry

2)As far as my instructors go, none of them have web sites, there were some a long time ago, Mystic Dragon had one, at one point, but it was shut down years ago! Sifu Jason had a website too, but also no longer available, all I could find are listings similar to http://kansas-city.missouriexplorer.com/c-240157.htm Try Facebook, there are a lot of people on there!
    My teachers are old school, for the most part, & don't see the value of trying to get students this way (via the Internet, radio, TV, Newspaper ads!) & I agree that it's not an applicable way to gain real students! But to convey a message, it's a beautiful too!
    (Note; I always spell it wrong, it's Sigung James Gorden - not Gordon, lol)

I've listed where some of the styles have come from, grandmasters names, great grandmasters names, as I have known them! It's simply a mater of research!

3) ill take this under advisement when making my next video, thank you

8. Feng Lung

Feng Lung Valued Member

Thank you, at least half way, lol!
    Your tag line is hilarious by the way given some people just aren't talented enough to chew bubble gum & walk at the same time, let alone do Kung fu! Ha ha!

9. Allers

Allers tricking, kicking

Would it be possible to see some footage of you sparring? It would be interesting to see how you spar in your art compared to mine, especially as yours is new in some aspects and so probably differs a lot from tae kwon-do.

10. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

MA needs to be on the body with no respond time while scholar only needs to be in the head with plenty of respond time. To know how to do it is still far from to be able to do it. It may take you 4 yeard in gradulate school to get your PhD. It will take at least 6 years to get your 1st degree black belt.

11. Please reality

Please reality Back to basics

Feng Lung,

Yes, thank you for your answer. However, I was looking for what practices in particular actually increase one's pre-birth chi?

12. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Bear in mind, though, that a PhD student tends to spend a full working day studying 5 days a week, so 35 hours a week minimum for about 46 weeks a year, while the typical "6 years to 1st dan" student trains for maybe 4 hours a week for perhaps 48 weeks a year.

As such, PhD man hours would be 6,440 while the first dan's would be 1,152.

Generally speaking, it's no comparison, the PhD student does a lot more work for their qualification than the average 1st dan.

13. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

Not forgetting that at PhD is on average at least a three to four year study that requires either a three or four year degree as a minimum starting point.

14. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

I think I can clarify the issue with your academic credentials by using myself as an example.

I am ordained by The Church Of The Latter Day Dude, as is Hannibal by the way. It is a legally recognized church with a rather unique and humorous interpretation of Daoism. I can perform marriages and all manner of religious ceremonies and have them recognized as legitimate and legal. You will never see me refer to myself as Reverend unless I am being facetious or trying to make a point.

And to quote our literature concerning your posts to date, 'well, that's like your opinion man'. Also, your responses have come across as very unDude like. Pour yourself a beverage and take it easy dude.

:)

The Reverend Mike.

15. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

These sound like some of the lamest excuses yet.

You are not affiliated with the "Metaphysicalinstitute.org"; however you do not remember the name of the institution or any other relevant details (i.e. - physical address, supervisor's name, etc) regarding the place that you received your PhD?!

What would you think if your primary care physician couldn't rememebr any details about where he went to medical school? You probably wouldn't keep going to him.

You claim to study "16 years (continuing) under James Gordon in ottawa, ks studying Pai Lum, Xeou Lum, Pai Family Taichi and Wu Hsing Quan, as well as His Grandmaster Larry Collins whos teachers are Daniel K Pai, and Prof Reganator" but you always spell your teacher's name wrong (James Gorden)?!

Furthermore in your own words you describe yourself as "an educational professional (15 years actually teaching Kung Fu)".

You do not move like someone who has been training continuously for 16 years.

Your teachers have been teaching for 16 years at the least to the present but have no internet presence?! I know they are "old school".

Well speaking of schools does James Gorden have a physical one in Ottawa, KS and what is the name of the school? If yes, what is the physical address of the school?

Or is he too old school that he doesn't have one?

Other sketchy details to say the least such as the "panel of Masters & Grandmasters to a rank of 5th degree Higher Level (Masters) rank in the art that I created Feng Lung Kung-Fu!". Can you provide the actual names of the Masters & Grandmasters on that panel and any other verifiable information? Or has it "been a long time" and you can't remember the details about what would appear to be one of the most significant events of your martial arts life?!

IMO there are other issues with the Pai Lum but honestly they are the least of your worries.

16. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

I admire your polite vehement enthusiasm in returning to post. It clearly demonstrates good decor and conviction no matter what anyone should think or say.

17. 47MartialMan

Doesn't anyone know...

The Mystic Dragon Association truly holds up to its name. They are mystical.

Sorry, I couldnt resist.

That said, the list of names that were given do not have results except for the Kansas City Aikido Club

18. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

19. 47MartialMan

Doesnt everyone know-realise?
    "Mystic Dragon Association" truly lives up to its name-They are "mystical"

Sorry, I couldn't resist

I said something like this in one of my other posts

Careful, that word maybe complexing for some

But when the ego is stroked, ignorance is bliss

20. Count Duckula

Count Duckula Valued Member

Usually a PhD takes about 5 years. At least it does around here.
    6 years to black belt? that really depends. In some orgs, it is 2-4 years. In my org it is 10 years. And that is not even counting the fct that 'black belt' doesn't really have a specific meaning. There are as much meanings as organizations.