I Am Looking for Info on Hupkwondo.

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by AndrewTheAndroid, Sep 22, 2009.

1. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

I used to study an art called hupkwondo, founded by Master Lim. I am looking for updated information on the art, instructors, ect... I have checked several of the websites, but they don't look like they've been updated in the 10 years since I practiced that art.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

2. amit bhargava

amit bhargava New Member

3. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

Very interesting.

My initial assumption (you know what happens when 'you assume') was that it would be a Hapkido-Taekwondo mix... the Chinese Characters on the uniforms show 'Hap' and 'Kwon' (same as the characters in 'Hapkido or Aikido and Taekwondo). Looks like it is more a mix of Taekwondo, Kickboxing, and some sword work. I wonder if the 'Hap' (or 'Hup') is being used more to make the phrase 'Way of United Fists' to show that it is a mix). The use of Korean terminology (and uniform styles) makes it seem to me to most heavily influenced by Taekwondo.

I like that there seems to be lots of sparring (with pads). I didn't see many other pictures showing 'self defense' applications. What I would recommend to the main site to maybe post some videos showing some demos or training of the art so people can see what it looks like. I found the instructor backgrounds to be pretty vague regarding how long or what rank they earned in each component style.

On a basic note, they seem to be straight forward about being a mix of arts. I'd like to see more.

Xanth likes this.