Hyperbolic Stretching

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by danceswithrats, Aug 27, 2019.

1. danceswithrats

danceswithrats New Member

Hi Guys,

Wow, Its been years since i posted anything on here (Maybe since 2010). Glad to see the sites still kicking.
    Has anyone heard about Hyperbolic Stretching ? I have tired to see if anyone has any experience with this method. Every enquiry seems to lead to some dodgy site or someone speaking into a camera saying how this has changed his life.

I just started stretching again after years(Middle split this time) , so i stumbled across this new method.

Cheers Guys

2. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

It's isometric stretching, nothing more.

Isometric stretching includes all those types of stretches which use muscle contractions: PNF, CR, CRAC, MET, PAIL, RAIL, IMP, and whatever new acronyms people decide to assign to existing techniques.

Hyperbolic Stretching offers nothing new. The programming is poor and the author has misinterpreted the scientific principles underlying biological adaptations to stretching.

axelb, Grond and Frodocious like this.
  3. Grond

Grond Valued Member

I agree this stuff is totally suspect. I've seen it come up before in my exercise and nutrition feeds. I have yet to find any legitimate source on it, and it seems like it's just another fake online health marketing blitz.

The best way to stretch in my opinion will always be natural movements after light warmups. Any time I see "hyper" anything in the diet and exercise realm, I avoid it. All I hear is "hyperextension" and my tennis elbow starts to act up.