Huge website update

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by YODA, Sep 7, 2002.

1. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Hi all

My Doce Pares Eskrima website has recently undergone a major update.

Lots of new pages crammed with technique, principles etc with photos and some video clips too.

Some cool pic of my daughter demonstrating some stuff too - and some details of the secret 7th range - sorry though, you must be a Doce Pares Black Belt to click THAT particular button - you have been warned!

Put a guestbook there too ((Not too subtle hint Hehehee))

Guba Doce Pares Eskrima

Last edited: Sep 7, 2002
  2. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Your inviting a bunch of lunatics to leave messages on your guestbook? Hope your Guru doesn't visit the site!

3. YODA

LOL! Yep :D

I don't have a Wildebeast anyway.

Oh! Sorry - thought you said my Gnu :D

4. Freeform

What do you think of tying a belt around your bag for some of the Grab and Bash drills. I've seen some folk do this and have tried it myself, practicing throws with the bag, pretending the long ends of the belt are arms. Felt wrong and not very realistic.

Thoughts?

I've enjoyed practicing Grab and Bash drills over the years, any tips on ground striking drills, either in the mount or prone?

Thanx

5. YODA

6. Freeform

Yeah I read it, very good. Thats why I was asking your advice/opinion. Sorry should have been a bit clearer.

Have you used any of the 'Grappling Dummies' that you get know?

Thanx

7. YODA

I have used several grapling dummies and they are very good - I wish I could afford one. Currently I'nm saving up our club funds for some extra mats we have 18 2x1m mats and need another 8 to fill the space we have. After that I'll be saving up for the Motion Master made by Erik Paulson. Take a look... (by the way - the drill on my website was inspired by training with Erik)

http://erikpaulson.com/Merchant2/me...ulson&Product_Code=MMASTER&Category_Code=Gear

---- Shouldn't this be in another forum area? In fact, I think the Judo & Jiu Jitsu areas should be combined into a "Grappling" area.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2002
  8. Freeform

Ju Jitsu is (if correctly practiced) about half and half striking/grappling, so.....

Just being pedantic, please don't hurt me, no Dave put me down, I'm not a grappling dummy (although I've been accused of being one!), ooww!

Thanx

9. YODA

OK - so let's have a groundfighting area then :)