Hsing I ??

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by nzric, Aug 8, 2003.

1. keith1892

keith1892 Valued Member

The basis of Little Nine Heaven (Hsiao Chiu Tien) has been recorded in Chinese historical books as originating from the Nine Chamber scriptures written by the Yellow Emperor, Huang-Ti (2698B.C.-2598B.C.). Its theory is based on yin/yang, five elements and the constellations and positions of divinatory symbols. Its aim is entering Tao by way of skills. Huang-Ti is credited with improving upon the art of wrestling to defeat the rebellious tribal chieftains, thus bringing all corners of the land under control. This victory laid down a solid foundation of unity for the Chinese nation. Huang-Ti's military feats and tactics were the beginning of China's martial arts.

Martial arts thrived and became a science in the Tang (A.D.618-906) and Sung Dynasties (AD 906-1127). The hand-to-hand fighting gradually developed into a science of boxing and later split into sects of internalism and externalism. The external system advocates firmness and strength benefiting bones and muscles, while the internal system advocates gentleness and grace, benefiting internal organs. Despite their differences, both systems are of the same origin. The Taoist, Wu Dao Zi of the Tang Dynasty, while adhering to the theories of Huang-Ti's nine chamber scriptures, blended the static and kinetic self-defense functions of the birds, animals, insects and fish into one system. He established a school of boxing and swordsmanship that comprised the skills of wrestling, striking, seizing and kicking, along-with the skills of controlling chi and preserving the spirit through the cultivation of bone marrow washing. This school was named Little Nine Heaven Wu Tao. The students of this school were used to guard the temples of the Taoists priests. This is actually the origin of the present day Little Nine Heaven system.

2. moondog

moondog ch'en fake wannabe

keith... just in response to your post about san shou fighters beating muay thai... i wish it were true but muay thai fighters regularly beat the san shou fighters... there was one tournament where san shou dominated but this was because elbow strikes to the face were either not allowed or were not counted as points, i forgot which one it was... other than that the muay thai fighters wiped out the san shou guys... there's a website somewhere dedicated on the showdown between muay thai and san shou and should give you all the info, i somehow lost the address