Howdy

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by lominna, Sep 6, 2009.

1. lominna

lominna Valued Member

Interesting site you have here.

My art has been Tai Chi for over eleven years now. Long ago, my brother and I took Judo for a year and got our yellow belts. Some years after that, Uncle Sam gave me a brief Hand to Hand Combat class during Army Basic Training. After another couple of decades, my family and I took up Wado Ryu Karate at our local community center, taught by a Japanese sensei. I got an orange belt before that class was discontinued. A year of Tae Kwon Do (yellow belt) and a class in Shotokan Karate (white belt with a black slash) followed before taking up Tai Chi, from a book at first. Eventually, I went to a half-year class, but I've mostly practised a Yang style modified to include a few 'reality-based' self-defense measures, pretty well every day.

I'm located in North America -my screen name means 'little old man in North America' :).

Some other 'hobbies': trying to be a good husband and father (my kids are now grown), tending a small vegetable garden every year, walking the dog every day, and a little opportunistic birdwatching.

I wish you all success in your MA journey.

2. embra

embra Valued Member

Welcome to MAP, lominna.

3. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

Welcome to MAP, sounds like you have a nice mixture of skills.

4. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Welcome aboard.

Cheers!

5. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Hiya, Welcome to MAP. Maybe I will see you on the TaiJi and IMA forums. :)

6. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Welcome to MAP lominna :)

7. lominna

lominna Valued Member

Thanks for the welcomes, folks.

Anth, I was wondering what's the significance of that adjustable wrench tightening or loosening a bolt in the yin-yang symbol? Or is it like a Rorshacht ink-blot test where you just say whatever it makes you think of, and thus tell more about yourself?

8. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Nothing technical like that. It just points to my job as MAP's tech guy :)

9. progdan

progdan Valued Member

Welcome mate! :)

10. locust

locust Like a biblical plague

Welcome to MAP lominna

11. reedk

reedk Valued Member

Howdy
    just a mma fan that trains some jujitsu and has a website from hawaii. I train more for health rather than competition. Don't want to get hurt where cannot go to work with the economy as it is.

http://www.hawaiiufc.com

12. Patrick Smith

Patrick Smith Tustom Cuser Uitle

Welcome to MAP! :)

13. reedk

reedk Valued Member