How to use five elements power in combat fighting?

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by feng, Jun 13, 2013.

1. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

The wrestling existed when human beging started to walk on earth.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKZhKnS9iZc&feature=youtu.be"]YouTube[/ame]

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

WRESTLING did, but CACC did not - thats the point I was making :)

3. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKZhKnS9iZc&feature=youtu.be"]YouTube[/ame]

I was using that clip to point out that Taiji is not the oldest MA style in the world.

4. Hannibal

Ahh gotcha!

I concur wholeheartedly! :)

5. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I think you are misunderstanding what he is saying. He's referring to the origin of the Taoist concept of Taiji, not the martial art of that name.

(If he really does think that the MA is thousands of years old then he's sorely mistaken!)

6. IMAS

IMAS Banned Banned

The concept of non-polar (wuji) and yet supreme polarity (taiji) is from the work of Zhou Dunyi (1017-1073), Taiji Tushuo. Translation is available in the Internet. The term wuji in Yi Jing means infinite number, so it is possible to generate an infinite number from the yin yang binary. The postulation of Zhou Dunyi is very different, and most writers of Taijiquan sort of adopted this view but it does not work in practice.

7. Hannibal

He claims it is the oldets martial arts system in the world and uses the I Ching to justify that position - which is clearly garbage, but sadly not as uncommon as it should be

8. feng

feng Banned Banned

You know nothing about I Ching, I Ching related to military content, since human being began to fight in war, the marital art techniques was inside the war with soldiers' fighting ability. So, Tai Chi theory of I Ching is the original basic fighting knowledge of the war. I am not wrong to say Tai Chi theory is ancient oldest martial arts theory. And if there was the theory, there must be the actions of the theory.

9. Hannibal

I know PLENTY about the I-Ching son - I use it regularly.

Your assessment is utterly wrong and the less said about your views on Tai chi the better. Are you making this up as you go along or something?

10. feng

feng Banned Banned

So, how do you use I Ching regularly?

11. Hannibal

It's a divination methodology that later became a philosophical treatise as well. Leaving aside the more prosaic aspects it allows for certain levels of introspection and opens up thought channels and processes

12. crshieh

crshieh Valued Member

Good job :D