How to get rid of a belly

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by DogMonkey, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

i agree with this. i'm not a hard-core no-carb person either. i'll eat the occasional bread, pizza, or pasta. plus, there's no way i can cut out fruit, it just makes me feel good. but i think really limiting processed foods (flour, polenta, etc.) and dairy is a very good way to go for my body. protein and fat: those aren't bad things in the right amount.

2. DogMonkey

DogMonkey Valued Member

I started doing 50 squats each day. I'll start with that for now. My daily exercises at the moment are 10 minutes of skipping, stretches, 5 minutes shadowboxing, 15 minutes on the bag, 15 pushups, 50 situps and 50 squats, in that order. Sometimes I throw in some other exercises. I find the pushups the hardest, I need to stop being such a wimp and do more pushups each session, I'm gonna ramp it up to 3 sets of 15 pushups, 1 set of wide armed ones, 1 set of normal ones and a set of the ones where your hands are really close to each other (they're real hard though, I'll start with 10 of those).

Its cold and windy here in Ireland so its perfect weather for exercising because it keeps you cool. Slippy as hell though, I fell a couple of times doing side kicks.

3. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

So, seeing as I'm not to be trusted around here ;) this is one of the few things I do have some documentary evidence for. A shame I wasn't given the bumcam footage I asked for, but hopefully the photo below shows that I was not getting many calories. Photo taken in 2008, I've put on about 2 stone since, my hairline stopped receding so much (though I cut my hair in fear of looking like Bill Bailey), and I feel much better :)

Attached Files:

• Bag2.jpg
      Bag2.jpg
      File size:
      36.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  4. David Harrison

Lead or rear leg?

5. DogMonkey

DogMonkey Valued Member

Kicking with my rear leg. I only slip when I do it properly by going up on my toes and spinning.

6. David Harrison

Yeah, if you're doing all that pivoting without keeping your weight exactly over your supporting foot, you're going to slip.

Sounds like you've found an "improper" way of doing them that is safer?

7. DogMonkey

DogMonkey Valued Member

Yeah if I don't go up on my toes (i.e. if I leave my foot flat on the ground) then I don't slip but I can't put any turning force into the kick like that. I suppose falling on my ass is a good way to learn to keep my balance in difficult situations. However, in really difficult situations (like ice lol) I think its best to do without the turning force.

8. David Harrison

Yeah, or just sticking to lead leg.

9. ShoKosugi

ShoKosugi New Member

Here's a question for you all. 3500 calories equals 1 pound of fat, but how many regular pounds of weight would that 1 pound of fat equal? Or, would it still be just 1 pound?

10. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Ermmmm, 1lb is 1lb. Not quite sure what you're asking here?

Mitch

11. ShoKosugi

ShoKosugi New Member

I thought it might throw you guys off lol. I think I read somewhere once online that 1 pound of fat equals almost 2 regular pounds. Not sure if there's anything to that though

12. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

1lb equals 1lb. I don't think there is some specialized unit call "fat pounds" or something. Just pounds.

13. dewald960

dewald960 New Member

I Agree with most off the people ,the best way is to look at your day to day eating pattern,(cut down the fast food - the sweets - and un natural foods) eat lot of green veg (or veg with lot off fibre )You stay fuller if you eat lot off meals that contains fibre

I tip before enny meal drink 2 glasses of water ,
    The reason for that is ,think about it ,if your stomach is a balloon and you fill it with water the balloon will expand the same happens with your stomach
    Your stomach will sent a signal to your brain that I'm getting full and you will eat much less