How not to do Oly lifts...

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by slipthejab, Oct 22, 2007.

1. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Ouch.

This vid got me to wondering just how bad he'd have gotten hurt.

A)
    Broken neck (I doubt it)

B)
    Concussion (definitely)

C) Broken Jaw (maybe)

D)
    Broken Nose (maybe)

E)
    Fractured Nose (maybe)

F)
    Fractured Skull (maybe - from landing with the back of his skull on the floor!!)

G)
    Crushed trachea (I doubt it)

H)
    Missing teeth (maybe)

2. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

B, C, H definitely imo.

D, F, G maybe.

3. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

Silly boy..

4. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

I'm only guessing, but it looked like he might have had a bit of postural hypotension there. (That dizziness you sometimes get when you stand up too quickly).

5. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Yeah, I've seen this cracker before and apparently it was confirmed that he just passed out at the top. Not exactly common but not unheard of.

6. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

Sucks to be him hehe :D
    Oly lift and wake up a second later without any teeth.

7. Suhosthe

Suhosthe A dwarf! A dwarf!

Yeah. Somehow, this doesn't make me laugh. It doesn't look like stupidity to me, just a massive dose of bad, bad luck.

Poor guy.

8. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Yeah I'd have to agree. I don't it was because he didn't know what he was doing or he was being an ass somehow. I feel for the guy quite honestly.

9. bwhite55

bwhite55 Valued Member

it looked like good form to me, so i don't think it was that at all. sometimes even the best have a bad hand delt to them ocassionally....

i'm reminded of a time in high school when a guy a year behind me powercleaned 225 for his first time, and this is a guy who has perfected clean and jerk and was on the school powerlifting team for like 3 years, he could throw up 220 easily, went for 225 the first time, and the ground was a lil slippery i think and he just lost traction and the weight fell on the top of his head and rolled down his neck. luckily for him, he somehow made it out of there w/ just a minor headache, but i've seen things happen to people w/ loads of experience that are just freak accidents.

10. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

lol...did you just call a fellow white guy a cracker?

11. Blast

Blast Valued Member

That seriously gots to hurt. It doesn't seem to be his fault.

12. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

D and E mean the same thing. A break is a fracture and a fracture is a break.