how much is this worth?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by pocketwarrior, Jan 8, 2004.

1. pocketwarrior

pocketwarrior New Member

Hello,

My friend is short of money and wants to sell her laptop. It's quite old, Fujitsu Lifebook.Intel pentium MMX 233MHz 32 MB. I think it has a 5 gig hard drive and has both floppy and CD drive. The battery is knackered though so you have to use the mains.

Since most of you seem to be into your computers i thought you might be able to give me a rough price for her to sell it at.

Thanks

2. quartermaster

quartermaster Cat-like, stretchy guy

i am not knowing a great deal about the subject but i dont think i'm far wron in saying that it may be worth about 25p

comiserations

3. pocketwarrior

pocketwarrior New Member

err.. I was hoping for a slightly higher amount than that.

Is it honestly worth F**k all?

4. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

its not worth much i'd say 50 quid its quite dated although there are many stupid people in the world :)

5. surgingshark

surgingshark Valued Member

Hey...don't forget those collectors who have the ability to juice that thing up :)

6. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Your best bet in this case is to go onto www.adtrader.co.uk, look up the laptop and see what other people are selling it for.

You can probably sell it for £40-50 ish, maybe a bit more if the battery wasn't dead.

7. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

A dead battery is a BIG problem fro a laptop - it turns it from a laptop into just a PC.

£50 is a realistic maximum unless you can find some schmuck who knows no better and are willing to rip someone off.

8. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

Yeah, about £50, realistically. If you sell it to someone privately and give them loads of help to get going you might be able to charge more.

9. hongkongfuey

hongkongfuey Kung Fu Geek

I'll go with £50.

A brand new laptop with 14.1" TFT, 40Gb Hd, DVD / CD Writer, 256Mb RAM, Windows XP and a 2Ghz processor will cost around £650 as a comparison (if you shop around)