How many of you have been to Thailand, and want to go back?

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Singto Laaw, Sep 15, 2004.

1. sportmuaythai

sportmuaythai Valued Member

Dear Singto Laaw, did you get to train at Fairtex this October? I was away from Oct.1st, bicycling around the northern and Mekong border. I'm back in Bangkok for 4 days, and will train at Fairtex this Saturday. Then it's bicycling again on Monday from Chumphon to Phuket down south on Andamann side to Phatalung before meandering to the gulf to Koh Samui. I expect to return to Bangkok on Dec.4th to see the Sanam Luang to watch the King's birthday muaythai.

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

For those of you with an interest - the Kings Cup in Bangkok is coming up in december. If you're a Muay Thai - you don't want to miss this one! :D

3. Singto Laaw

Singto Laaw Strictly Muay Thai

Unfortunately not...

one of my students disappeared the saturday night (the weekend before I was due to be in Fairtex - Thursday), when he finaly appeared. He had been beaten up by an irrate Thai, for what sounds like, a good reason.

Really cant get into it, but he was ****ed, and stupid... end result in a foreign country. A beating he wont forget!

ANyway to cut it short, a group decision was made that we should leave BKK early, and only return to catch a flight onto Chiang Mai.

I missed loads of training because of all the hassle, and I was steaming for most of the holiday because of it.

I was supposed to train Kaewsamrit Monday, Fairtex Thursday, National Stadium Friday... I missed all.

What really miffed me, was that it took alot to organise and get approval to go and train at these places, then I had to email everyone to appologise and then explain in shame what had happened.

*NOTE** goto Thailand have a good time, but expect the bloody unexpected!

4. sportmuaythai

sportmuaythai Valued Member

Thanks Singto Laaw, for prompt reply. Sorry to hear of the unfortunate incident. Kaewsamrit would have given you a very good training as well.

5. Tim T

Tim T Iam Jacks Smirkng Revenge

I am going at the end of november with my Club the Minotuars to the WMC camp in Lamai beach. I am well excited as i have never been to thailand before.

Has anyone else been here? would love to know other peoples experiances.

Also how hard was the training programme? think im gonna have to step my training up a few notches if im to survive 3 weeks of it - lol :D

6. Tim T

forgot to mention were also spending a week inb bangcok watchin the world finals - sweet !

7. succubus

succubus so hot right now

i think i smell thread necromancy. :p

anyway, i left thailand a week ago.

both naughtyknight and i were in rawai, phuket. he's still there, training at Rawai Muay Thai. i really really really wish i could go back, had so much fun! got to go to an American vs Thai fight night. awesomeness!

8. Tim T

quality, how long did you go for? was it really hard training? any advice?

9. Singto Laaw

Hey Timtottman...

are you going out there with darren?

The WMC training camp is a nice place to train, your gonna love Samui, not to sure what the weather does at the end of November.. cant remember if its going into the rainy season or just coming out.. either way get ready for some quality rain...

Anyhow your gonna love it, they can cater for any level of fitness! So dont worry about the training programme or any of that, just go and do your best.

But my advice to you is, get running now, really push your training here, so that when you get there.. you can get the most out of your three week stay.

Also, take your gumshield... hmm... thats it, buy everything else while you are (one of the stadium shops in bkk is best) there.. and if your thinking I cant afford to buy it while your there.. slap yourself and just do it!

I take it its the IFMA games your gonna go and watch, I have heard it is very good and well attended. I am yet to make it to one, hopefully 2008 I will have a few students in the team... .ahem so will of course have to go and advise

10. Tim T

yeah going with Darren !

thanks for the advice, think i will start running now like you suggest. I think the rainy season should have just come to an end from what ive heard.

well excited :)

11. succubus

succubus so hot right now

as singto laaw says, they'll train you specifically for your fitness level, if they're a good camp, which i'm assuming they are.

yeh, in november the rainy season'll be over. it starts anywhere from nowish, and lasts into september or october (different people will tell you different things). it rained buckets when i was there, and as far as i can tell from naughtyknight's emails, it's still raining quite a bit. i just went for 2 weeks. nk's there for 2 months.

advice... firstly, don't be afraid to rest if you need it. but, by the same token, don't get lazy. some of the guys at the camp we stayed at hadn't trained in weeks. it's just such a waste of time and money.

and enjoy it!! :D

12. strider

strider Valued Member

going back on july for a mnth and a half,and get to watch the world finals in bangkok hehehehhehe

13. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

I just got back 2 hours ago and im missing it already! going again in november,hey singto you miss the gekos! he he they dont taste nice do they?! :D

14. Tim T

sweet were u trianing? has anyone got any good photos of lamai WMC? or Ko Samui

15. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Yeah training brother,hurt my back so had to cut trip shorter than id planned,still there 5 weeks though so good time had :)

16. Tim T

cool man, shame about the back but still. Just got in from training half hour and my whole body aches so im pretty sure after 5 weeks ill be well removed as well ! lol :eek:

Please remember that masked profanity is against Terms of Service - Anth

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2007
  17. Tim T

Singto , how do u know Darren. Do u train with him?

18. Singto Laaw

Darren brings students along to our interclubs, and I often see him about on the fight circuit. Maybe come down with him on the next event 16th June.

19. Tim T

yeah that sounds cool, ill ave a word next time i see him. :)

20. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

haha, yeh, I had a pet Gecko in my gaff in thailand. I hated it while I was there, but now I cant sleep without it screaming "GECO!"

I miss my motor bike. Just being able to go from bar to bar without worrying about taxis or walking was the best. I could go anywhere, at anytime, park anywhere, and fill it up for $3.

I miss the food.

I miss the women.

I miss my mates.

I miss crazy Thai Tv.

I miss crazy Thai music.

I miss the carefree attitude of all the people.

I miss the ANNOYING indian suit sellers, randomly.

I miss every single thing about the country, the people and my time there. I want to go back RIGHT NOW.

Oh, and dont train at Rawai MT. Its perhaps the worst training you will ever experience. I trained for about a week before I gave up and hit the bars and the night life.