How long do you train?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by cluebird, Sep 2, 2007.

1. cluebird

cluebird For various reasons --

How long does everyone here train per week?

2. callsignfuzzy

callsignfuzzy Is not a number!

Three hours minimum, but sometimes more than ten. Depends on school 'n' stuff. Some of it's formal, some of it's informal, some of it's solo (mostly conditioning).

3. Mikey Triangles

Mikey Triangles Neo-Ninja

Usually between 4 and 8 hours a day during the week, usually just 2 hours a day on the weekends, and that's 7 days a week. I do take days off here and there, and I don't train strength and conditioning everyday in order to avoid over-stressing my body.

I've been kinda lazy since my last tournament though. After this weekend I'm going to have to really kick it in to high gear.

4. SirVill

SirVill Valued Member

6 hours of class a week (3 X 2 hour classes), plus whatever I do in my own time, which varies.

5. neversaynever

neversaynever Banned Banned

maybe around 8 hours a week

6. Gong_Sau_Rick

Gong_Sau_Rick ultimate WSL nutrider

What the hell? Sprint! I thought you were stuck in ban limbo?

7. fighting13

fighting13 Valued Member

prabably 10-14 hours a week. that includes training outside of the dojo cause school prevents me from going to class more than 2-3 times a week.

8. Dragon Brush

Dragon Brush Valued Member

Jeez, all you guys who can afford the time to train 10+ hours a week. :p

Right now, where it's summer vacation and I have some time on my hands outside of work, I train somewhere between 8-10 hours a week I would expect. Once I get back to the city, it will probably drop a bit, as my studies will demands SOME attention. :woo:

9. angacam

angacam Mare Est Vita Mea

6 to 10 training
    6 to 8 teaching

10. neversaynever

neversaynever Banned Banned

?

11. Mikey Triangles

Mikey Triangles Neo-Ninja

....I guess I have everyone beat by alot.... it helps when you live at your academy though.

12. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

None right now, which is driving me nuts. However when I am fit to train 6 hours. Although when I can go back I'm hoping to get some more class time by going to another local karate club.

13. sn11

sn11 Woosh! Bang! Ow!

Currently at my club 3 hours of lessons, then whatever i can do when im at home.

But i'm starting up another class aswell soon. So hopefully that'll add on my training time :D

14. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

When I do it... 2 hours coaching Monday, 2 hours training. Wednesday is 1.5 hours training, Fridays 2 hours training, Saturdays 2 hours coaching. I don't do them all each week.
    Apart from that, I run 3x a week, swim when I can, and cycle as often as I can too.
    All makes for quite a fit me!

15. cluebird

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah, I used to only have about 2 hours and 15 minutes of in-class training per week, but now it's up to about 6-10, and some training outside of the dojo.

16. Langenschwert

Langenschwert Molon Labe

I train about an hour a day, give or take, and two hours at class once a week.

Best regards,

-Mark

17. Dojo

Dojo Shotokan fanatic

2 hours per class, 2 classes a week (I come from a long hiatus and don't have time to train as I used to either :()

18. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

at the moment 1 hour class time, 2 hours in my own time (punch bag in gym).

although I thoroughly believe that 1 hour class time can be more valuable the 4 hours of class time in many places I've seen.

of course if you can get a good class with more training time then the better.

19. cluebird

I know what you mean. When I started art school, I had to take some time off of the martial arts. But I didn't let it stop me luckily.

20. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

about two hours on Tues/Thurs, about three hourss on Fridays. Plus I do strength and cardio conditioning Mon/Wed/Sat for about 1.5 hours per day since I compete. My only real day off is Sunday.