How has COVID-19 affected your training and other parts of your life?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by aaradia, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

At this rate by the time I get back to martial arts I'll be in the over 60 club :)

2. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Remember this

Well, guess who is now waiting for test results.....yup...the sent me home today for voluntary 14 day quarantine because I was in contact with her. If she is positive, due to the folks she had contact with that one day, the IT department would be quarantined and due to the number if folks the IT people are in contact with, the entire department could be closed and due to those folks and who they contact in the building the entire building, 4 total departments, could be closed. And don't get me started on who she was in contact with outside of the building.

They have already fumigated my office. I am home, I feel fine, I'm going to exercise and do taijiquan now.

Mitch and axelb like this.
  3. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Life has really slowed down to levels that I am just not well equipped to deal with, but I think a lot of people are feeling this right now. Stay safe, healthy, and HOME everyone. It'll pass, it always does.

Mitch likes this.
  4. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

I was given my “key worker” letter today in case I’m pulled.

Dead_pool likes this.
  5. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Stupid question: What are those actually for? Got a stack of 'em at work and no idea

Dead_pool likes this.
  6. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

We have them at work too, basically to show the police if they stop you and ask why you're out (as if the supermarket uniform doesn't give it away in my case).

7. Southpaw535

Speaking of supermarkets and key workers, the powers that be seem to have decided at my work that we should have days where we have every supervisor in, even though we're now only open 13 hours a day and that can easily be done by just two of us. So I hope the virus doesn't pick those days to give us a visit.

8. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

I'm currently trying to sleep on the sofa with what is likely to be a " mild dose" of covid19 and it's horrendous.

I'm wheezing, I'm coughing so much im being sick every few minutes, I have a ranging fever.

I'm in reasonably good shape, and it's knocking me for six.

Stay in, stay safe, and shield yourself and your loved ones.

Grond likes this.
  9. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Oh Jeez Dead Pool, So sorry to hear that! Hoping for a quick recovery! Any idea where you might have gotten it from?

Dead_pool likes this.
  10. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

Wow, I read on a few occassions that even the mild symptoms will knock a healthy person down. Sorry to hear that. Get better soon!

Dead_pool likes this.
  11. Dead_pool

It's currently on a parr with how bad swine flu felt.

I'm a key worker in healthcare, So's my partner, and also their family, and my offspring was attending a childcare place with the children of other healthcare workers.

So it's gonna be at least one of those vectors

Grond likes this.
  12. Dead_pool

Ps also thanks, sorry I'm not really paying much attention at the moment

13. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Damn son....look after you and yours.

Dead_pool likes this.
  14. Southpaw535

Sorry you're down with it, it sounds rough as hell. Hope it eases off soon for you

Dead_pool likes this.
  15. Monkey_Magic

Monkey_Magic Well-Known Member

Deadpool, I'm so sorry you're ill but wish you a speedy recovery. Take care!

Dead_pool likes this.
  16. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Hope you recover, Deadpool.

Hope the family stays safe too.

Dead_pool likes this.
  17. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

I hope you get better soon Deadpool :( I've had a few friends and colleagues with it with the same symptoms it seemed to last 2-3 days at the peak, so I hope you see some improvement in a day or so!

Dead_pool likes this.
  18. Jaydub

Jaydub Valued Member

Get well soon, Deadpool.

Dead_pool likes this.
  19. Dead_pool

That made me laugh, I really hope I recover too!

Thanks for the kind words though!

axelb likes this.
  20. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Get well soon, look forward to more posts from you when you are back up and 100%

Dead_pool likes this.