How does it feel to get kicked in the leg?

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Chr9is, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Wilson

Wilson Valued Member

it feels like a deadleg, or sombody just hit you in the leg with a baseball bat...but its really not that painfull when your training because your not kicking your partner 100% maybe like 20% for beginers...just tap yourself in the leg with a bat or somthing. I usually laugh when i get kicked because it like a tiglley feeling

2. lamegrappler

lamegrappler plays bongos well

the tingley feeling is the best part! :D

3. BackFistMonkey

BackFistMonkey Valued Member

I would just like to state that this thread gets two thumbs up for the most part .

4. Topher

Topher allo!

And/or? Like you can get a KO without it hurting! :eek: :p

5. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

Well, yeah, you tend to be uncoscious when i happens so you don't really feel anything.

6. madmike

madmike ow that hurt not

i think its the most amazing feeling anyone has eva given me. (better than sex) words carnt describe the bliss

7. Dmitri

Dmitri Valued Member

8. Storms of War

Storms of War Valued Member

After my first full contact sparring session, I felt fine. I was a little woozy since I took a few punches to the head, but other than that I didn't hurt anywhere else. 2 or 3 days later, my leg started hurting like hell due to the countless leg shots I took. We were wearing shin guards so his kicks to my legs didn't phase me in the ring. I guess my nerves are retarded or something though since it took a damn long time to start feeling it. It was a coach too. He was kicking me in the same spot repeatedly to prove a point (don't leave that front leg so far out there!). I guess I was so overcome by anxiety that I didn't feel much at the time.

To answer the original post, it feels like a "dead leg", where someone has been punching you in the leg in the same spot for a long time (like my older brother used to do to me lol). If you want to see what it's like, punch yourself on the side of the thigh few times. It should start to hurt more and more until all it takes is a gentle tap on that spot to cause significant pain. That's what it's like, only it all comes at once and leaves your leg throbbing. At least with a bare shin it will. Shin guards numb down the pain something fierce.