how do you see fighting

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by tai-gip, Jun 27, 2004.

1. tai-gip

tai-gip New Member

There seems to be some corilation between the length of time someone has been training and the level of skill/proficiency they have obtained to how they view fighting. Or what attitude displays ability.

How do you view confrontation and how long have you trained.??

2. ROokie

ROokie New Member

iv trianed for aout 1 month lol and i see fighitng as soemthing i dont wnat to do but if i could do it i probably would.

3. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

I've trained for 10.5 months. My self ability to defend myself has skyrocketed ... I am in better shape and can now run faster.
    RUN!

4. Furikuchan

Furikuchan New Member

In a real fight, my first choice would be to run. Very far. Very fast.
    However, there are situations where this would not be an option. i.e. I'm with someone whom I would have to protect. If I was forced into a fight, the most optimal choice there would be to end things as absolutely quickly as possible. I would go more for a restraint or to pass the guy out than anything else. It gets me in the least legal trouble.
    Problems come into play when you look at "self-defense" laws. Not only do you have to be able to defend yourself in a fight on the streets, but you then have to be prepared to defend yourself in the court room if it comes to that. You can't lose control in the moment of a fight, or you could end up paying some heavy consequences later on.
    14 years total training, or close to it.

5. bigalexe

bigalexe Young 1 with big head

avoid fighting if at all possible, realize that unless you are getting robbed in broad daylight you probably already made some mistakes. if you must fight do only what you need to to get away, not nessecarily win by tournament rules of k.o. or whatever. when you are done win or lose look at why you fought and try to avoid it ever happening again.

to me a fight is a loss in the sense that you broke down far enough to have to fight.

2years 8months of training
    and im a 16 year old male in case you were wondering