How do you respond to threats

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by ShadowHawk, Aug 10, 2014.

1. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Or throw the other guy down the stairs :eek:

2. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I wait until they're far away, then shout "YEAH, KEEP WALKIN', YA CHICKEN!" loudly.

Then I run.

3. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I had a group of Britishen get up in my face one time. They told me they were going to beat me up for fun. I looked them all dead in the eyes and growled, "Freedom." They could see the fire of the red stripes on our flag in my eyes, my resolve the majestic blue, and my existence as an American as pure as the white. They realized immediately I was an American when I spoke the sacred word "Freedom". One defecated in his shorts, another peed his pants, and they all ran in fear from me.

4. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I cannot defeat the awesome of that paragraph.

5. Archibald

Archibald A little koala

I don't respond well to threats, because I really hate confrontation - it stresses me right out and I get shaky. If it actually leads to violence (not that it happens often) I'm usually ok, because then I'm just doing and not thinking. Does that make sense?

Usually I try to talk people down but afterwards I always feel a bit like I should've stuck up for myself more, even in situations where violence was never a possibility.

6. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

I just tell them that if they don't shut it I'm going to have to every chicken in here.

7. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

It's just as well that you said 'freedom', and not 'tomato', 'basil' or 'oregano', because then they'd have just wet themselves laughing.

8. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Or 'herb'!

"It's pronounced 'herb', because there's an 'h' in it". Eddie Izzard (minus the swearing).

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  9. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Do you mean to say that they...drop an aitch? :eek:

I thought only we were allowed to do that!

10. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Not me. I was brought up dead proper like.

11. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Fixed it for you.