Hoshin Ryu Sword Curriculum and Niten Ichi Ryu

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by ScottUK, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

It's the bloody built in advertising and I agree completely with Mr Halls, it's not on if it looks like he is advocating something like that book.

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I can't see it and it's because the adverts disappear for supporting members.

I have reported this for MOD discussion, but it may be a necessary evil as it help keep the site up and running.

I'm happy to put a disclaimer against the post.

3. ScottUK

ScottUK More human than human...

No point putting a caveat on there. The sales links are on the 'Musashi' comment and EVERY SINGLE instance where it says 'ichi ryu', no matter who posts it. See the link below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8nZq5YtMoqVWEZqY1ZEU3RhUVU/edit?usp=sharing

This has potentially monetised every single post I have made on the subject of HNIR.

Is agreeing to this in the terms and conditions of forum membership? I don't remember reading or being told about it.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  4. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

There was a site-wide announcement about the Skimlinks implementation a while back when it was first implemented, and the idea was that it should only convert links to products already mentioned in posts, like when someone mentioned a specific camera or gaming console. This seems to be an instance where the trigger is overly sensitive, and I cannot currently find any way to disable the algorithm for specific phrases.

For the time being, I've therefore elected to disable the conversion software altogether, so now only merchant names (i.e. shops) should be converted. Can you check back tomorrow to see if it's been correctly implemented, as the last thing I'd want to do is make it look like someone is advocating something they hate.

5. ScottUK

ScottUK More human than human...

It has been fixed, thanks Ian.