Hoshin Budo Ryu Soke Rob Williams

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by Silatyogi, May 30, 2007.

1. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

So do you have any actual experience outside of the dojo? You harrassed me to answer questions why don't you answer mine? You made claims i didn't know what i was doing and a "Quack" "Tree Hugger". I answered you. You on the other hand act as if you have somthing to hide.

good luck on your path. If you ever want to train you are welcomed to. I will be across the Pond in October just PM me if you want to actually train. You are welcomed to train and see if I am just a "Hostile Quak TREE HUGGER".
    By the way Trees are good for your Liver...
    peace

Santiago Dobles

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  2. doc_jude

doc_jude Banned Banned

Hah! You too, then, man, you too. What is the point of posting anything not from a double-blind study from a major university or government agency? Ridiculous...

Funny, that seems similar to SilatYoga saying that someone is "being a dumb ass" as opposed to your statement: I'll willingly ignore the fact you just called a moderator a "DUMB ASS".
    If you're going to be pedantic, then at least be consistant.

Yeah, heaven forbid anyone transgress upon your little slice of e-heaven here.

GREAT! BYE!
    Tree huggers - 1
    Mod Keyboard Warriors - 0

:p

3. fifthchamber

fifthchamber Valued Member

I think it should be "Chi huggers"...But either way, it's all smoke and no wood..

By the way, the Chinese believed so deeply in the power of Chi to defend the practitioner from harm that they sent Gung Fu experts (Iron shirt masters..)up against the British Army, armed with guns....Guess who lost?

The Boxer Rebellion was an extreme example, and I am sure that no one is claiming that Chi can stop bullets these days..But they did do, and the power of belief has always held sway over a large majority of the worlds population...

You believe in Chi? Great, I've got a few million people around the world who believe in a man-like being creating the universe in 7 days...But both have about as much backing as my late, great grandads claims to be Elizabeth the First..

Want my support? Prove your claims...And stop using Japanese titles like "soke" without understanding just what it is you are appropriating..

4. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

First of all I do not use the Title Soke...

Dr. Morris did and Rob does...frankly I dont care what they choose to call themselves they are good at what they do. That is what matters.

As for CHI....yes you are right it wont stop bullets....neither will your ninjutsu. However having an ounce of understanding of chi and in Internal MARTIAL ARTS will make you better at your art, more relaxed, more creative in your violence, more loose & fluid,more able to dissolve energy redirect it, manipulate it. More able to control your center and use it effectively to take the other persons center. Make you more intuitive.

If it helps your training a bit and helps you in the game of survival than its worth training. For me it does that.

For you? I don't know train more and investigate i guess.

5. fifthchamber

Congratulations...Why is it used at all?Do you know?
    Not really..Being good and calling yourself a name that is not appropriate are NOT in the same ballpark....Being good does NOT equate to being "soke"..At all..Ever..
    First, I don't do Ninjutsu..But okay...Fair enough that you could assume that..Secondly, all the positive aspects of Chi development that you list are attainable through hard training..Nothing more and nothing less..Training for a long enough time will give ME the same results as you claim with Chi development..And without the headache of thinking there is something mystical in my veins that can let me dodge punches quicker..
    That's important, but I would argue that the majority of people would be better served by simply training hard at what they do, without the focus on Chi as being the force behind it all..
    I'm all good thanks...Like I said, I'd prefer to rely on my own skill through hard, regular training, than upon something less tangible..It's your life and you do what you like, but don't think that because YOU believe it, I have any need to do likewise..I prefer KNOWING what makes me able to do what I do..

6. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

Chi is energy, you put energy into your motions you create energy as you move its not that hard nor that MYSTICAL really. I don't think that because I train my cultivation of "Chi" for health and martial arts that I am an XMAN with super human powers...NOT AT ALL.... Its basically what occurs naturaly in the body & blood when you oxygenate it and add intent or feeling to it behind the breath as you move or operate.

7. fifthchamber

Great...
    However, natural Oxygenation of the bloodstream, even with intent to your motions will not "naturally" make you;

You can see why we could be confused right?

If Chi is simply energy, we all have it, and training is all that is needed to focus it effectively on one thing or another (That is roughly my standpoint on this whole debacle)...Is what you are claiming basically what I (and others) have been stating all along? Or is there more to what you claim?

8. doc_jude

doc_jude Banned Banned

Man, I think that you're casting the proverbial pearls before the proverbial swine, so to speak. Don't waste your time.
    I'll be taking you up on your open door policy though in what, October at the latest, right? You better bring your chi balls, I'll bring my yoga flame, & we're gonna throw down!!! :woo:

*& then we can go hug some trees or something...* :rolleyes:

9. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

10. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

Sounds like a plan!

Yeah I will be there for sure in October in LA after I get back from Europe.
    I may be even sooner in CA to see Guru Cliff and possible train with you guys.

Funny how most of the ninjas I know do no body hitting condition at all nor any Chi kung.... meanwhile my tree hugging ass hits Palm trees and thick barked trees all the time for conditioning..but then again I am a Chi hugger/ Tree hugger reiki junkie...Luckily I am not a nut hugger.

Dr. Morris could break a cynder block with a simple slap but then again he is a "quack" and so are all his students. Especially the ones that know Silat & Hoshin.

Santiago Dobles

11. fifthchamber

Wow...I just experienced a Star Wars flashback...You guys are fun to play around with..Are you in any of the videos you posted?Or is that just a rough approximation of how bad the training is?

I've had some good experience of training with Bagua and Tai Chi teachers, they were all good at what they did, and preached about it a lot less than yourself...But then they didn't need to shout about their skill I guess..

And I hasten to add that they were all accepted masters of what they did, and had been training for tens of years before they met me..Skill coming through an arduos process of solid, hard training..

In none of the videos you posted did I see anything other than rather cheap and badly performed parlour tricks made up to look martial..The segments were taijutsu was featured made me realise that there is a lot more than solid martial arts out there..Whether they call themselves "soke" or not..

Last post here as I'm tired of fantasizing about your control of other peoples ability to knock you on your ****..Great job, stick to it and post the videos up so we can all see what real Chi is...

(for the record, I'm not against Chi, I am however against what is claimed by half baked heroes looking to increase their student base with tricks and gimmicks in the name of training...Hoshin leaves a bad taste in my mouth..And no, it's bile..Not my Chi regurgitating..)

12. doc_jude

doc_jude Banned Banned

Really? Who?

13. fifthchamber

Dan Docherty and one of his students Michael (Something..I've forgotten..Nice guy..).

14. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

I guess you didn't see these in the thread?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_e1ztI7qzw"]YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-QTuRyGAlk"]YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wz-KTdwDSE"]YouTube[/ame]

15. fifthchamber

Yes......
    I watched them...I know nothing about Silat, so whether that was good or bad is not for me to say...But the sections where you use something closer to taijutsu are closer to what I was talking about.....Good silat..

16. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

go touch hands with a good chen style guy or John Bracy.

17. fifthchamber

I prefer training here actually...But thanks for the recommendation..If I ever feel the need to increase my chi I'll pop along to the men you name...

18. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

Well that is Pencak Silat Sera & Cimande (which is an old art) from Java Inonesia not Ninjutsu and not Taijutsu. It is evident that Ninjutsu has some "Malay/Indosilat & Kuntau" influence in their somewhere.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  19. fifthchamber

With all the arts that Hatsumi has come into contact with I'm sure there is some cross pollination..
    I'm not refering to the Bujinkan when I say "taijutsu" however..

20. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

Hoshin

Hoshin's strength is its "Internal" principles and methods. They can easily be used in any art or "vehicle"