Hoshin Budo Ryu Soke Rob Williams

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by Silatyogi, May 30, 2007.

1. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

No, he ripped off the Nihon No Kobudo video of Hyoho Niten Ichi-ryu. This has been mentioned before.

2. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

ofcourse you are right. When we worked for Jay z we had a team of 3 one that provided the multiple cars and phone support and then 2 on the field that at all times knew where to exit from every venue. We preplanned the night by seeing the plans and lay outs of each venue and attended them hours before jay z arrived. never was there a moment of no plan. It helps that i have trained with Guru Cliff Stewart in Silat and W.A.R. He is an encyclopedia of executive protection.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2007
  3. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Silatyogi is a member of a different Hoshin group to the one previously discussed. Apparently Hoshin split after Dr Morris’s death. I asked because I was wondering where this group’s sword work came from.

EDIT: Didn’t we come to the conclusion that it was Mr. Glimme who had made the decision to pass of kata he’d found on the net as part of his own sword curriculum?

I don't think Dr Morris had taught him that he'd just had an interest in all things Musashi and asked him (Glimme) to develop a sword system for Hoshin. I’ll have to look at the thread again because there was a bit of confusion as in one e-mail I think he said he’d got them off the net and in the other he said it was from Dr Morris and the net.

4. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

Correction Doc had appointed Rob Soke of Hoshin Budo Ryu and he was to be his successor. Then Gord became Soke of Hoshin Roshi Ryu.

But Rob was already ranked and able over 11 years ago and Gord got his Black Belt from Doc maybe 2 years before he passed at the most.

There are guys that trained with Doc for a long time in Lake Charles where Doc had his Dojo that are baffled that Gord is now the alleged head of Doc's legacy considering they would wipe the floor with him in Doc's Training floor. So they are truly against that notion that Gord is "Soke".
    If you read in Doc's last book he says clearly who Rob is, and Tao Semko is and who I am and what we offer to the "Ryu". There are also countless emails and telephone conversations where Doc said "Rob is going to be head of the "Show" when I am gone" Or "Rob is the next Soke". I heard it and so did many others. But again proof is in the pudding. Interesting how everyone commented on my videos and rob's stuff but no one commented on Gord's useless nunchuck demo (doc HATED nunchuks!) and application of recycled textbook krav maga he calls hoshin which will truly get you cut in a real scrap. Meanwhile I know my skills will work in the fight and so do Rob's.

Peace I wish Gord the Best I don't think its his fault I think there are a few heads to blame in the making of him "soke" and Doc had nothing to do with it.

I don't know Glimme. My sword stuff Doc showed it to me in his Garage with Tao Semko. He said its Bujinkan & Musashi strategy along with his own understanding of Internal MArtial arts usage of a blade.

Peace

Santiago Dobles