Hoshin Budo Ryu Soke Rob Williams

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by Silatyogi, May 30, 2007.

1. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

2. Hissatsu

Hissatsu End of the Road: Moved On

3. ChrisMoon

ChrisMoon Valued Member

Where is Asia?

4. fifthchamber

fifthchamber Valued Member

Yet another westerner showing his perfect understanding of the soke title and the work you needed to have put in to training to be considered for it..
    I think, martially, that Asia's recent video was a better one for practical fighting...
    Wow...

5. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

2 things,

they were pretty good bujinkan techniques at the end, pity about his crap taijutsu and could you teach me that first thing? it would be great when waiting in the queue for lunch!!! :D

6. Nick Mandilas

Nick Mandilas Resistance is an option..

Well, I could teach you how to do the first one, only AFTER lunch if said lunch was beans or spicy indian food...and you don't even need to focus your chi...just raise one leg :eek:

7. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

would be good when you are waiting for a bus though, you are just outside the stand in the pouring rain, what do you do? add your chi and shrink the queue, piece of ****, could be good for women as well when they are waiting in the toilets for 2 cubicles, they could chi their way to the front.

I am sure i have just watched someone doing it in power rangers!! :D

(With the kids of course!!)

8. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Looked like he was trying Systema flavoured Taijutsu there :rolleyes:

Moved from Ninjutsu.

9. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

I would like to second DWeidman's comment of "wow".

I have Kyu-grades who move better than what I saw in that video. Seriously. That's not a criticism, that's an observation of the facts.

*shuffles off muttering*

10. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

This is just my opinion nothing more it's not meant to be a criticism just an observation.

I think we're seeing two ways of movement clashing here. IMO there's definitely some Systema in there, didn't Silatyogi say Mr Williams had done some Systema training?

The problem IMO with doing that is you end up with something that looks like either bad Taijutsu or bad Systema with each system conflicting with the other. Can Systema principles be integrated in to your Taijutsu? Hell yeah! Can Taijutsu principles be integrated into your Systema? Yep!

Can you do them both at the same time? er nope.

Maybe after a heck of a lot of training in both systems you will get a synthesis but I feel it will still lean towards one or the other and one will have to be the primary or base art and the other fitting in without compromising the principles of either system.

11. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

My goodness, what a marvelous bunch of crap! :rolleyes:

12. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

excatly how is it crap?

13. Terao

Terao Valued Member

Would you like it in a scale of 1-10? :D

14. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

Is 1 = Slightly Crap and 10 = Beyond Uber-Crap?

15. Terao

Terao Valued Member

*claps* you read my mind :rolleyes:

16. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

17. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

So that'll be a 9.5 then.

18. Terao

Terao Valued Member

Really That Low Spooky :rolleyes:

19. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

I'm not Spooky, I'm MWDAndy! :Alien: :D

And yes, that low. If it was just some guy fair enough but he's claiming to be a soke? Seriously? :bang:

20. Terao

Terao Valued Member

woops only saw colour not name lmao didnt u read scale goes from 1 (crap) to 10 (uber crap) lol to behonest his movment is shoddy and he concentrates too much on the guys hand and nothing else >.<