Home MA Workout Video

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by bbcb_98, Jan 30, 2003.

1. bbcb_98

bbcb_98 New Member

This is my first post here even though I have been a forum reader here for probably six months. Great site lots of good advice.

Anyways on to my question. I am having a baby in the next month or so (ok my wife is actually having the baby), so I have decided with the time and money issue associated with the baby to take a 2 or 3 month layoff from Kenpo. I was wondering if there are any good MA workout videos out there? I have done Tae Bo ( my wifes video i swear), but it isnt at all what I am looking for. Practically all of the videos on the market are learn such and such an art or technique which isnt what I really need to do. Basically I want to work up a good sweat using MA techniques. I have done MA long enough now that I know lots of drills I could do at home, but I think I really need to have a virtual instructor going through the drills with me (i guess for inspiration).

I just hope I dont't drive my wife too nuts on my layoff. Weird thinking about how much I am going to miss getting hit and thown around.

2. Bon

Bon Banned Banned

From what I've seen and heard, tae bo seems to be a pretty hardcore workout. If you do the exercises on a punching bag, it'll greatly enhance the intensity of the workout, especially if you do every punch as if you only have one shot to drop a guy.

Also, do you think the lay off is a good idea? After the baby's been born, you might be saying 'I don't have enough time with the baby and all', whereas, if you're still at training, you'll make time. If you have time to workout at home, surely you can spend a couple of hours a few times a week to train?

Ultimately, it is your decision and you've probably though about this a great deal more than me, and I know nothing about babies, except I came out feet first! :D