Home Jim!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by pgm316, Nov 22, 2005.

?

Light weights where?

1. At the Gym

21.2%
  2. At Home

54.5%
  3. Both Grrrrh

15.2%
  4. Neither, as lifting weights makes you big and slow!

9.1%
  1. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Curious to know how many people train at home compared to the gym.

I get more motivated surrounded by people, so I gave away my York weights and now train at the gym :D

Although, when spending a few hundred pounds will get you a decent Olympic weight setup that many gyms lack, I can understand why people train at home!!!

2. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

I train at home mostly, but I also train at work when I feel like it, and at random commercial gyms. Variety is the spice of life. There is a pic of my home gym in the photos section, not very pleasing to the eye but it makes me feel tougher and more 'fUnKT10nAL' especially in the winter when my hands freeze to the chin bar! :D

3. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

Joined a gym for a couple months, but due to a ridiculously poor selection of freeweights, AND being "too young" to use them at 17 :)woo: ), I got myself an oly set with some dumbbell handles as well, and now train at home.

4. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Weights at home, cardio at the gym...

5. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil wants to go climbing...

Completly train at home.

6. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Weights/chin up bar at home, cardio where ever my feet take me :)

7. Blake_AE

Blake_AE Valued Member

Why does your poll say "light weights"? Who lifts light weights? I thought we were all over that pink dumbbell kick.

:D

I voted gym. Don't have the space for a home gym right now as I'm renting an apartment.

8. SickDevildog

SickDevildog Lost In The Sauce

Funny stuff I just started setting up a gym in my room last night.
    Nothing much just 2 dumbells a barbell and craploads of weight for now.
    We got a cable row machine (sp?) upstairs but noones here to help me carry it.
    BUT, if I had the mula I'd join a gym just to be able to do a more complete workout.

9. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

I don't know, must have pink dumbells floating round in my subconscious :D

10. DSDbronson

DSDbronson Master of Sports & Women

I was getting stuck at 75lbs with the standard adjustable weight db's because the screw on ends would only stay in place for 1 rep. Just got an olympic weight dumbbell and I should be able to take this thing on up to 200+ pounds easily. Go heavy!

11. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

Me, my garage, and a barbell. Or, when weather permits, it's me, my backyard, and a barbell. There seriously is nothing like lifting weights outdoors, barefoot in the grass, in the warm sun. Plus, last time I checked, the local Gold's Gym didn't allow rock lifting. Lame.

12. brimbleboy

brimbleboy Valued Member

lol

I lift weight at home in my room. That is if you class an 8 KG DUNBELL as a weight. ;) :woo:

13. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Keep up the good work! ;)

14. Combatant

LMAO.....stop it...........you kill me everytime you mention that pink dumbell! :p :p :p

Here ya go, I found a complete rack of them for you! lol ;) :D

[​IMG]

15. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

How gutted would you be to invest a load of money in some serious kit for it to turn up, PINK :D

16. Combatant

It would be like a really cruel joke wouldnt it. :D

17. brimbleboy

brimbleboy Valued Member

lol

I would sure be ****ed! :D :bang:

18. redsandpalm

redsandpalm shut your beautiful face

Weight is weight. I think I'm gonna cast some seriously weighty kettlebells and paint them all pink and baby-blue, then throw them around and become ridiculously strong, just to spite you all!

19. DSDbronson

DSDbronson Master of Sports & Women

All the beatings from slinging your little pink bells around might just toughen you up some. :eek:

20. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

I wish i lived in a house so i could have a home gym, ahh, i can just imagine it now, me, power rack, barbell :D, no silly people or drive.