Hitting a Woman?

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by DirtyHarry, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Just what are you trying to say g?

2. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

i just read your comment on tha other topic and it's on again :p

3. Lily

Lily Valued Member

You could at least support me on this topic g! Did you read what Macca wrote?

4. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

there are woman like that but i can never justify hitting a woman unless it is in self presevation. it that good?

5. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Thanks g :)

I also meant that Macca's statement that a woman being aggressive is acting like a man was just plain stupid. As if aggression is the sole domain of men. Does he mean that women shouldn't bother doing MA then?

6. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

i think he meant that their are some women that will be aggressive towards men because they know that the man will not strike back but i could be wrong. i think all women should learn some type of self defense

7. Dragon Brush

Dragon Brush Valued Member

It's true that women are generally lack the physical strength men have, from a biological standpoint, but does that truly give them immunity in a serious situation? The male population has its fair share of scrawny jerks, so would you defend yourself to the fullest against one of them? The problem with being chivalrous is that some women take advantage of it.

In any case, it always depends on the situation. With no intention of serious harm, I don't think I would be all that inclined to return an attack from a girl; but if she was trying to knife me or push me into traffic or something like that, I would feel a few well-placed strokes had been earned.

All in my opinion, of course...

8. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

So I think we can all agree that you shouldn't just go around hitting women.

Except Lily, who you should beat like a red-headed stepchild. :D

9. Timmy Boy

Timmy Boy Man on a Mission

He's not saying men can be aggressive but women can't, he's saying that if they act aggressively then they should be treated as such regardless of the fact that they're a woman.

10. thescottishdude

thescottishdude New Member

I would be less likly to hit a woman I admit... but if I had to I'd enjoy it lol !!!!

11. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Timmy boy, read Macca's post again. But I understand what you're saying and I agree that anyone who shows aggression should be met with reasonable force/defence (whether it be man, woman or child).

Many have tried :D none have succeeded.

12. Macca

Macca Valued Member

Words of wisdom lads :D

13. bcullen

Yeah, it's hard to hit someone when they're running. :D

14. Lily

Lily Valued Member

cullen - the thing that terrifies me the most is that someone might hate me as much as I loathe you.

15. bcullen

He shoots, he scores and the crowd goes wild... :D

16. KaratekaAndy

KaratekaAndy Male (95% of the time)

A woman tries to attack you?

You dump the cow :)

17. DaShizNit

DaShizNit Banned Banned

Woman tries to attack you

If it is on the street then you know she is out to get you. My motto is whenever I get into a fight, the first 4 blows should be one that can stun your opponent so that you have a big adavntage in the first few minutes of the fight. Slaps on the ear, punches between the stomach and lung area are my favourite cuz those few seconds decide if she is gonna knife you or not. Take my advice, first 5 blows should ones that stun your opponent.

:woo: :Alien:

18. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

if you get in the first 4-5 blows, fight should be over

19. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

I am sure I read an old win chung master had said "if a fight isn't over in four blows - you should both run away."

20. prowla

prowla Valued Member

I disagree with a blanket statement like that. Like anything it depends upon the individual and the circumstance.
    We have a friend who is four foot nothing whose husband beats her up on occasion. That is just cowardly. It's not my place to intervene, but it's never happened whilst I've been around.
    OTOH, I once went out with a girl who seemed to think that it was funny to whack me in the privates. I told her if she did it again then I would hit her back and walk. I was serious. She stopped doing it.
    I hit a woman today in training, several times (controlled, not hard!). She also hit me once or twice (though I told her to do it harder).