Hips and shoulders

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Darzeka, Jun 29, 2002.

1. Darzeka

Darzeka New Member

Any one got any good exrecises to strenghten the hips and shoulders?

We just started doing a new throw and side thrust kicks at training. Both involve moving the leg sideways up to about horizontal level and my hips aren't liking it.

For ages they have been grinding, clicking and clucking when I bring my knees up then put them down or rotate them and just want to make sure that I don't damage them and have enough strength and flexibility in them to do the throws and kicks.

Also I want to get a bit more strength in my shoulders. I played cricket for about ten years and toward the end my shoulders were begining to get sore from all the pace bowling I did so I stopped the wieghts I was doing and stopped playing cricket. Any ideas?

2. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Shoulders can be strengthened with pressups, simple an effective.

For hips I'd recommend leg lifts, just lift you leg up and out to the side, front or back, trying to keep it as straight as you can.

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I would recommend a general all round weight training routine.

Strengthening one element in isolation can lead to problems - and things like pushups will develop endurance, not strength.

If you ARE going to use pushups to target the shoudlers then doing them with feet raised will shift the emphasis from chest to shoulders.

Slow leg lifts in all directions will taget the supporting musculature of the hip joints - but again to develop strength you will need progressive resistance. This is best achieved with - weights.