High School Track & Field?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by TaeAno, Aug 30, 2010.

1. TaeAno

TaeAno Certified Ninja

So I'm a sophomore now and I haven't done any sports yet, but this year I want to be really active and join a lot of groups. I noticed that last year I was able to get 1st place in my gym class for 100 and 200 meter dash which was fun. I also got the longest jump which surprised me because i'm only 5"4 and I was the shortest but I got up to 17 feet. But lately i've been nervous and hesitant about joining. I heard that the practices are difficult and can last up to hours just running.
    I am in Taekwondo and lately my asthma has been not even bothering me for about 6 months now! I normally can keep up in Taekwondo and I consider myself fit but I usually get short of breath after doing even small activites like basic kicks:20 of high kicks, crescent, and face kicks. 10 on each leg. After that I can feel myself breathing slightly harder, but nothing too bad. But after I spar for around 30 seconds to a minute I find myself alot more short of breath, which I think is because of using to much energy. Then, today on our first day of p.e we had to run 5 laps around the gym and I was actually pretty winded! Why i'm surprised is because I usually never get that winded doing things in Taekwondo instead when sparring. Are there any suggestions how I can improve my stamina or maybe how to control my breathing?
    How I breathe is usually a long breath from the nose and stomach, then another breathe out my mouth.

:hat: