High Mountain Kicking Kata

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by RussianKenpo05, Feb 11, 2006.

1. RussianKenpo05

RussianKenpo05 Valued Member

Anybody from Castro lineage kenpo, know this kata?
    On the last right punch section of the kata, there is a slideup hookkick, turn hookkick combo that im having trouble with. I cannot keep my balance on the second hookkick, because its from a standing position with feet touching. Does anyone have any tips to keep my balancefor this perticular combo.
    thanks

2. bdocili

bdocili New Member

I know the form (assuming you mean High Mountain I, not II or III). The last technique is:
    SHIFT, RIGHT ROUNDHOUSE KICK, LEFT SPINNING HOOK KICK:CROSSOVER HOOK KICK TO THE CORNER, CROSS OUT:LEFT FRONT KICK RIGHT REVERSE BACK KICK:DROP IT INTO YOUR HORSE AND ATTENTION

So, I am not sure what you mean by slideup hook kick?

3. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

I don't know the form, but I can tell you that my kick improved greatly when I did 2 things:

I started paying a LOT of attention to making a proper chamber

and

I started doing one-foot meditation. That is, standing on one foot for up to 5 minutes at a time doing a breathing exercise.

4. RussianKenpo05

RussianKenpo05 Valued Member

wow, way to bump and old thread of mine...but yes you are correct its crossover, not slide-up...just me being retarded...i have since learned the form, and adore it...now to get completely familiar with high river 2 and such(high river 1, river dam, swift rapids are not too difficult).