Hi

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Thephenom52, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Thephenom52

Thephenom52 Valued Member

Just thought I'd make a quick intro about myself.
    My name's Vishal. I'm 19 years old, living in London.
    I've always wanted to be a martial artist ever since I was small and used to watch things like "Power Rangers" (The originals) and play things like Street Fighter. I've always found it a bit difficult to find a genuinely good school around here. Either the class was too big, the teacher seemed to lack a certain 'zing' or the school charged heaven and earth!
    A few years back I managed to find a great Muay Thai school and an even better Arjarn. I must admit, i never really knew what Muay Thai was before that (the most I knew about it was that Sagat from street fighter, the guy who always used to beat me down, was meant to be a Muay Thai Master)- although that didn't influence my decision to join :) Since then though, I've been hooked. I just took my first grading fairly recently. It took me a while because my initial goals were different and then I ended up moving house. I'm going for my second grading soon! so that's pretty cool.

What else? erm... whilst I'm going to compete in inter-club matches soon, I consider the ring-sport side of Muay Thai to be kind of a let down personally, as you don't really get an opportunity to fully apply what you've learnt. My goal, in-ring fighting aside, is to one day achieve mastery (I realise that will be one day in the very very long future) and open a school of my own :D That's the dream.

:cool:

2. Spinmaster

Spinmaster Valued Member

Welcome to MAP!

3. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Welcome to MAP mate, good luck in your inter club fight. If you like that you could always do an MMA match at some point in the future where more fun stuff is allowed ;)

4. Thephenom52

Thephenom52 Valued Member

Thanks guys

Thanks for the welcome. That was quicker than I expected lol :hat:

Snoop, I will think about the MMA fights one day. My first goal is to be proficient in Muay Thai first. I'm not a big fan of the guys in MMA who know abit of this and a bit of that. I'd rather know a lot of this and a lot of that. Right now, "this" is muay thai.

Btw, what styles do you guys train in (if any)?

5. Freakminer64

Freakminer64 Valued Member

Welcome, really glad to hear your enjoying Muay Thai. I'd be lieing if said Street Fighter hasn't influenced me, I'm practicing my hadouken!! One day maybe ! :) Welcome and good luck with your grading!

6. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

Welcome to MAP

7. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Hiya Thephenom, Welcome to MAP. I hope you train hard, stay injury free and manage to realise your dreams. :)

8. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Welcome to MAP, Vishal :)

9. progdan

progdan Valued Member

Hey there, welcome mate! :D

10. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

Welcome on board, and congratulations on the grading!

11. MatsunoCj

MatsunoCj Jujitsu rookie

welcome to MAP, glad to hear that u found a school that u really like, and good luck with the competitions