hi...

Discussion in 'Silat' started by nightcrawler_p, Feb 11, 2005.

1. amirul_tekpi79

amirul_tekpi79 Valued Member

hmm

Peace to all,

Mas Nightcrawler_p, i don't have any experience learning or teaching silat in high schools.

I'm more towards promoting silat in its traditional style like during weddings etc.

In my opinion, it is up to the person on how to promote their respective styles or schools as long as the methods used doesn't go astray from the ways of their styles etc

peace

2. nightcrawler_p

nightcrawler_p New Member

hey...how do you play the game at
    http://www.sess.net/media.php?proj_id=422

have u ever heard "golok"
    Merpati Putih actually didn't uses any weapons at all....coz the complete name is:
    PPS BETAKO MERPATI PUTIH.
    "PPS BETAKO" stands for Perguruan Pencak Silat BEladiri TAngan KOsong
    :D

3. burungkol

burungkol Team Yaw-Yan

4. nightcrawler_p

yeah...nice...but its limited in moves.
    i prefer the real thing :D

5. RedBagani

RedBagani Valued Member

Hello Nightcrawler. I am new in this forum too, barely 2 weeks. It is nice to meet with an MP practitioner from jakarta. I did MP also at the Indonesian Embassy in Manila until most of my friends and teachers left the country. If you get to chance any of them from the Philippines, please tell them Hi. I lost all contact with those who have left the country. If anyone of them wants to contact me, tell them about this forum.

6. Ross.B

Ross.B Banned Banned

oright :D

7. nightcrawler_p

great

well...well...well...you do MP too...that's great...it's too bad if u loose contact, but recently...there is a National Meeting in Indonesia...and MP members from Caledonia is present at that time, the newest is TRADISI at Yogjakarta...did u know there are some changes in the MP curriculum???
    nice too talk 2 u too RedBagani...oh ya...what belt are u now in MP?? :) :D

8. RedBagani

RedBagani Valued Member

Apa Khabar, Nightcrawler? I have really been out of touch with my MP friends. I didn't know about any curriculum changes, but I hope the changes will benefit the teaching of MP. You see, the MP training here in the Philippines was somewhat strict and many people dropped out. I remember one time the group tried to put up a new chapter in Quezon City, the made all the new recruits run barefoot on asphalt road. After that session, nobody came back, and there were about fifteen new recruits. In fact, many dropped out of the run and went home. Many they still do it that way. I was lucky I already had some martial art background before I joined MP. It is too hard for most beginners. As to what belt I am now, you know in MP, ther is only white belt and red belt. I was able to get my red belt after agruelling exam, which include breaking dragon bars. Hehehe, you know what MP exams are like. After passing it, you feel like maybe you can already join the Kopassus.

9. nightcrawler_p

in my place..after the exam we will know the streets(coz we have to run right...for about 10km) and...you are right...let's join the kopasus :woo: :D juz kiddin'.
    well...every place has it's own ways...in my KOLAT,the new recruits and the members are all senior high school students...and they didn't drop out when i told them to jog barefooted on asphalt for about 10minutes, 15x push ups after 3 or 4 moves. the point is the method you are using in teaching the curriculum, adjust it with your members. :)
    dragon bars..hmm..i rather like the sound of a steel plate when it breaks :cool: :D
    keep in touch Bro :)

10. Silat Student

Silat Student New Member

Welcome to the forums Brother Nightcrawler.

11. Kiai Carita

Kiai Carita Banned Banned

Hello Night Crawler, katong sama-sama bangsa Melayu nih! --Welcome to this forum. I am a fellow Indonesian from Yogyakarta. I love Merpati Putih. When I was in highschool in Yogya (Kolese de Britto- finished 1983) I used to often go the Parang Kusuma beach and watch Merpati Putih grade exams. I would witness amazing feats. One test they did was like this: on the gras of the football field by the beach, an area was scattered with bricks about one step appart. Between these bricks long bamboo poles were stuck into the ground. The area looked like a forest of bamboo poles. On some of the poles the trainers put some needles with different coloured ribbons.

The pesilat to do the test would have to enter this maze blindfolded and not touch any bamboo poles nor tread on any grass - he had to step on the scattered bricks all the time. When he or she was inside the maze the instructor would command the pupil to get the blue, red, yellow ribbon and most MP pesilats could do it! Pretty amazing!

Even though I am not a pupil I am proud of Merpati Putih. It is a great school. However, I would advise against writing posts about breathing exercises in a forum like this for many reasons. Health and safety and respect being the three main ones.

Salam Persilatan.
    Hidup Merpati Putih!

12. nightcrawler_p

salam persilatan juga Kiai Carita...
    what you see is "getaran"...amazing rite...but i'm not quite interesting in that ....yet...coz i'm still young and still have extra energy to participate in IPSI championships...may be later...once i've satisfied wit all the championship...i'll try to learn it. if u love it...why don't you join it...nothing to loose.

keep the energy alive and keep on training Kiai Carita.

13. Kiai Carita

Salam Nightcrawler, good luck in your championships.

I don't want to join MP mainly because of this reason:

When I finished SMA I joined Bengkel Teater Rendra and there was drilled in several PGB Bangau Putih moves. I also was taught breathing and I do the moves and the breathing for health and for my art-work (I am a writer and a painter nowadays). So sedikit-sedikit I am a Bangau Putih informal student. Hitung-hitung, I have spent 22 years doing my gerak badan.

An other reason why I can't join MP is because I live in London. Is there an MP branch in London? I see an MP branch in the USA on the web. KBRI (our embassy) should have classes here don't you think? They have the space because there is a park in front of it in Grosvenor Square.

Salam,
    semoga sukses bertanding.

14. nightcrawler_p

great...you have the martial art basic that is needed.

hmmm....London..Merpati Putih is a big martial art organization...i bet there is one in London....thanks for the wish...now i'm participating in a championship as the team manager...maybe next time i'll participate as the fighter(pesilat) :D

try the internet much harder to find the classes...i'll try to help you find the infos from here ok :cool:

don't give up.

15. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

there are new Cimande classes open in london....check the link in my sig for details...

16. Kiai Carita

I think I can tell you after living in London for 12 years that there are no MP classes here. I have a MP friend though. Very sturdy he is but now sadly he is in Ireland. We used to practise together. I really miss him :cry:

Where are you in Jakarta Night Crawler? I used to be all over Jakarta, in Kebayoran, Tomang Tinggi, Pasar Minggu, and now have 'family' in Cipayung Depok where Bengkel Teater is. I love Jakarta after midnight when the pollution settles and the night food stalls display this amazing variety of delicious food. :rolleyes: In the rush hours on the road it is a true test of everything you have. Hell on jammed earth bar war zones.

An other family of mine are the squatters in the Gelanggang Remaja Bulungan. Their charismatic leader Mas Antok ( Sam Ot in Malang dialect-he is from Malang) is a very good friend/brother of mine. He learned ilmu kebal before he came to Jakarta in the early 1980's - you know, invulnerability. In Blok M he had a sword fight with another street-fighter over the parking money which Sam Ot wanted for the street musicians rather than for the alcoholism of the local Blok M terminal thugs. He did his time in prison and to this day is protector and moral leader of the street artists around the commercial centre Blok M in wealthy South Jakarta. He is approachable anytime through anyone in the youth centre in Bulungan, Blok M.

He runs a very good music cafe called Wapres but the abbreviation does not mean Wakil Presiden (Vice President) but rather means Warung Apresiasi. Here you can see new and raw Jakarta talent in music and poetry every night while you enjoy wedang jahe ginger tea. I recomend it for any silat lover who has to endure time in Jakarta the most polluted citiy in Indonesia. Some areas of this city are full of petty criminals ready to test silat pupil's reflexes free of charge. :D :D :D

I do honestly miss my country :cry: :cry: and :cool: challenge all silat lovers to come and defy the press image in the West of Indonesia being unsafe because of terrorism. We haven't actually catched that nasty guy educated in Reading South England but as a rule the country is safe (bar tsunamis) and friendly oh so super friendly (in the beginning) - just like our inviting silat bukaan/ pasangan. If you come in with a strike we would like to deflect and strike back a little harder. If you come in with a dance we will welcome you with grace.

Begitu bukan Adek Night Crawler?

17. nightcrawler_p

hhmmm....i live in north jakarta....tanjung priok...known for its' "preman terminal + preman pelabuhan" :D
    yup...jakarta at night sure is nice and calm....not like in the morning, noon, afternoon......always crowded.
    do you know that monas have deers? :) ...monas is getting better.

18. noblenicky

noblenicky New Member

Hey... a few more Indos interested in MA. A vanishing breed, we are, I tell you...

If you are looking for an Indonesian MA forum, we have a teenie-weenie community at www.kaskus.com in the Sports section.

There is also an MA section in www.kafegaul.com, but they tend to be less style-specific (or so I think, I'm not really active there).

Otherwise, enjoy your time here.

19. bayu segara

bayu segara New Member

nightcrawler, are you still there? we are brother..do you still practice in MP? Which Kolat are you?