hi...

Discussion in 'Silat' started by nightcrawler_p, Feb 11, 2005.

1. nightcrawler_p

nightcrawler_p New Member

hi....i'm new in this forum....i play Silat...i'm from indonesia :D

2. Wali

Wali Valued Member

Hey Nightcrawler and welcome to the Forum.

What part of Indonesia are you from, and what silat do you do?

3. nightcrawler_p

i'am from jakarta. i do PPS BETAKO Merpati Putih.... what do you do wali?do u know the cool teaching methodes? coz at my place the Pesilat are all senior high school students.

4. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Welcome to Map. :)

5. nightcrawler_p

thank you knightcommander...how are u today? have your exercise yet? here it's kind a rainy.

6. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Im good thanks mate. Yeah, I had TKD a few hours ago.

Its really hot here in Australia.

7. krys

krys Valued Member

Hello nightcrawler,

Nice to hear from Indonesia, wasn't there for 7 years, guess Jakarta changed a lot...

8. Dr.Syn

Dr.Syn Valued Member

Greetings Nightcrawler and welcome to MAP..

9. milamber

milamber New Member

Hi NC,

Welcome to MAP have a great time on the Forum. There a great bunch of knowlegdeable martial artists!

10. Crucible

Crucible Valued Member

Hi nightcrawler,
    How long have you been doing merpatih putih? Can you say a little about your breathing exercises?

11. nightcrawler_p

yup...Jakarta sure is changing alot...where r u from anyway...do u do silat?

12. nightcrawler_p

well crucible.. :rolleyes: ..i've been doing Merpati Putih since i was in elementary school...but quit for a while coz i don't have someone to take me to Merpati Putih Class..well i am very small at that time :p
    i continue doing it when i was in the end of my senior high school, and been active in merpati putih since that time until now :)
    breathing exercises...wow...it's really great...once i have asthma...now it's gone..well at least i didn't get suffacating since i've practice merpati putih.

what do u do? what do u know bout merpati putih?it seems that u know merpati putih too?

13. nightcrawler_p

thanks to you all the forum member for welcoming me!!:)

14. amirul_tekpi79

amirul_tekpi79 Valued Member

selamat datang

Peace to all,

Selamat datang ke forum ini Mas Nightcrawler! I'm a pesilat from Malaysia under Pertubuhan Seni Silat Kuntau Tekpi Malaysia Cawangan Wilayah Persekutuan.

Because this is an english forum, we have to commun in english. But if you want to write in Bahasa with me just email me at lurima@hotmail.com or give me a private message.

Again, welcome!
    Peace

15. nightcrawler_p

thank you amirul, do u know an exciting methodes in teaching silat for senior high...coz i'm on it.

16. krys

krys Valued Member

Hi nightcrawler, I am from France and Germany. I have been two times in Indonesia but stayed just a couple of days in Jakarta and didn't see much because I was busy.
    Most of the time I was in Sumatra and Bali. I learn (filipino) Silat Mindanao Asli in the Philippines.

17. nightcrawler_p

well how much do u learn Silat? :) do u like it? :) jakarta...in 2 days.. :eek: ..i bet that u haven't seen nothing much.

18. krys

krys Valued Member

I train silat every day...when I am in the Philippines with my Gm, abroad mostly alone although I train some aspects of it with friends I teach other martial arts. Right now my silat studies concentrate on weapons training.

You won the bet, I haven't seen much of Jakarta... my friends who stayed longuer liked it.
    When I saw a TV report on Jakarta I couldn't believe I had been there as it didn't look at all like the part of the city I visited and seems so big.

19. nightcrawler_p

:D :D :D :D...what i'll get for winning this bet???.... :D :D :D
    what kind of weaponS???

20. krys

krys Valued Member

Your bet:
    http://www.sess.net/media.php?proj_id=422

The weapons I study right now in silat are stick and knife, but I also do big blade work (bolo/barong/pira/kriss sword) because my Gm introduced me to it.
    What are the weapons of Merpatih Puti?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2005