Hi lovelies - all ready for the holidays yet?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Blade96, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

i am. :)

Got all the gifts bought and everything.

Eat your heart out. :p

2. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Me too...Sent my mum some flowers and paid for a book my girlfriend wanted...that's it finished for me.

Bah! Humbug!!!!

Edit: Oh, and toys for the dog...which he will destroy in minutes.

3. SuperSanity

SuperSanity The Hype

Ha! I've still got obscene amounts of Christmas shopping to do. I'm going to to broke for weeks. :(

4. Kuniku

Kuniku The Hairy Jujutsuka

usually i leave it until like the 24th, but I'm already sorted for everyone except my sisters boyfriend (unless my mum picked something up for him last night as she and my sister were going shopping specifically to find him stuff lol)

I've even got most of the stuff wrapped! (well I say that I have, the girlfriend wrapped most of them so I've just got to wrap hers now =p)

5. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

forgot to say, I wish you all a happy holidays (whatever you celebrate - there are all kinds of peeps here so I will just say happy holidays) and I hope you get everything and that the season is all you wish for.

Your friend Jacklyn (aka blade)

6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Did our food shopping on Tuesday.
    £250. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

7. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Presents bought, mostly arrived and mostly wrapped.

Cards bought...one written...need to work on that.

Christmas cheer stored in the wine rack or liquor cabinet as appropriate and ready to be applied as needed.

Emergency food in case of sudden, unpredicted snow attack ready.

Giant Christmas hat applied to huge **** with the help of guerilla knitters - done.

(No, really, and it's not even rude - http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/s/2125946_santa_claus_comes_to_town_in_shape_of_dorking_cockerel)

Yep, I'm ready.

8. Bozza Bostik

Nice! I've just found out that the whole "no presents" rule, which is common here for adults, has now been changed to "buy presents for everyone"!!!

9. Kuniku

we had our Japanese class xmas party last night, lots of japanese food while watching anime, which means there is only my jujitsu clubs xmas party to go (which we don't usually do until February... don't ask =p)

xmas was generally a bit cheaper for me this year, the gf and I set a much lower limit on what we'd spend than usual ^_^

10. Bozza Bostik

Christmas gets a bit mad. Quite glad I don't spend them in the UK anymore. It's a bit more about family, food and time off work here. Less stressful IMHO.

I do miss the desserts though...:cry::cry:

11. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Gifts bought, food bought, wine bought - job done bar the cooking!

12. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Mine was painless this year, had it all bought by the 1st. Bright side to not liking many people :p My credit card bill is going to kill me next month though. Bought my stepdad a tigger mug, my mummy a SAMCRO hoody (Looking forward to seeing her open that) and some girl I like a big tea collection thing from Twinings. She then told me she'd just started going out with someone else :p

I assume there'll be some comparing of our own gifts next week?

My only beef with Christmas this year is no one around here seems to be putting in effort. There is one house where a clearly very awesome person lives who's put lights up everywhere but that's it. When the Navy is putting in more effort than you then its time to go buy some lights, get jolly and stop being a miserable scrooge.

Navy effort: HMS Warrior being fairied up.

Attached Files:

13. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Hope you claimed the tea back :)

I'm all done with the Christmas shopping, just hoping the rain stops before we get flooding affecting the trains again.

Either way, Happy Winterval, folks!

14. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Send the tea to me and I'll give you a Mod free month on MAP! :D

I'm pretty much sorted for Christmas, I've just got a few more food items to acquire and then I can cocoon myself in front of the TV for the next 2 weeks! :)

15. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

ugh, the holidays. i love my family. but when we're all together, god, they're annoying.

16. Kuniku

:eek:The other thing that could prove interesting for me this year is that the mother usually arranges my feeding for the day, unfortunately this year she is still recovering from fracturing the ball joint in her shoulder...

Therefore I am most likely cooking my first Christmas Dinner . . .:eek:

:confused:

17. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

http://www.takeawayfoodcolchester.com/

Done.

18. Kuniku

19. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

For me similar to Frodocious, got some more food to buy over next day/two then go into hibernation until 31st. Someone asked me ages ago about xmas day dinner but I'd rather not really, family type dinner gatherings are often just like funerals without the dead body: enforced gathering, arguments, disappointment, happiness/sadness, drink. It might be sad to say but I know few people well enough to buy an appropriate gift and the same applies with me. Xmas day tradition includes the next installment of Peanuts :)

20. Zealot

Zealot Valued Member

I just started my shopping yesterday.I'll be done by tonight.