Hey, I won something

Discussion in 'Celebrations!' started by Youkai, May 13, 2006.

1. Youkai

Youkai Valued Member

Hi peeps. My daughter and I competed in our associations annual tournament (karate) today and a good day it was too. My daughter competed in the junior individual team kata and won a silver and the junior team kata and won a bronze. I was so proud :) She also did the kumite and did very well winning her first ever fight in a tournament. Sadly after a good start in the second fight, scoring a half point, she let the fight slip and lost by two half point scores. Still she's tiny so to see her beat a bigger lad in the first fight was cool.

They had a new event this year a family team kata which proved quite popular. I was suitably nagged to give it a go and we managed to cull the silver medal.

I also took part in the senior mens (5th to 1st kyu) individual kata and got the gold. I then did the mens team kata and managed to pull in the silver.

Top day all in all and to make it even better my TV blew up. CHeered me up no end as I've been forced to buy that big LCD HD tv I've had my eye on :D

2. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Congrats to you and your daughters! Way to go! :Angel: :D

3. Youkai

Youkai Valued Member

Thanks, appreciated - really chuffed for my little girl.

4. flutterfists

flutterfists Valued Member

Congrats! :D Very awesome.

And what in the world is your avatar? :eek:

5. Youkai

Youkai Valued Member

Thanks. The avatar is one of the charactors for "Killer Klowns from Outer Space" - seemed to fit :D

6. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Flutter you have got to rent that movie is you like stupid, silly sci fi flicks! It is a classic... :D

7. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

Congratulations to you, your daughter and your family. Well Done!!!

8. Youkai

Youkai Valued Member

A classic I might add that you should never watch sober :D

9. Youkai

Youkai Valued Member

Much appreciated Nordic, cheers.

10. Slurms McKenzie

Slurms McKenzie New Member

Well done! I hope there's lots more to follow!

11. Youkai

Youkai Valued Member

Cheers, hope so - from my daughter certainly. I told my Sensei before the tournament that this would be my last one and I'd retire gracefully. He said to me today that he'd kill me if I did retire :D I'll probably compete another year then see how I feel but it's much more fun cheering on my daughter anyway.