Hex Bars

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Cownose, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Cownose

Cownose Valued Member

2. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

Oh weird, Ive never even seen those before, I would also like to know more.

3. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey New Member

300 bucks, sounds like a bit of a rip. I'd rather take the irritated nuts (or you could just do behind your back type shrugs if you had a smith machine. Plus I don't think shrugs are that important in MA, more of a BB thing. And I don't see how it's safer for deadlifting, I find no problem in doing DL with regular bar as long as you don't overdo the weights or use incorrect technique

4. Cownose

Cownose Valued Member

Oh...I just do shrugs because I heard that strong traps help prevent KO's. Could be wrong, though.

5. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

hahaha, I hate that nut rubbing thing too! They are "better" for deadlifts because they put less strain on the spine - whether you want this or not is upto you.

6. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey New Member

For three hundred bucks?! To hell with the spine I say :D

7. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

they have one at my gym, i find them much easier to do deadlifts with (by easier i mean less having to worry about hurting my back, not that it makes the weight lighter somehow :D)

8. Cownose

Cownose Valued Member

It seems to me that it would be kind of like doing hack squats if it takes pressure off the back...also, wouldn't it work the hamstrings less since the weight is centered instead of more out in front? Grr, I wish I could try one now so I could see :bang:

9. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

Hex bars are more comfy for me when I deadlift. Just feels better on the back and the way the bar is gripped just feels more comfy. Straight bar deads put me off balance and I almost fall flat on my face...lol!