Here is a TCC related story you don't see everyday

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by aaradia, Sep 3, 2015.

1. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...taxpayer-money-for-4-day-tai-chi-classes.html

I read this story and these are the thoughts that came to me.

1. That Sheriff is crooked and well - not very mentally stable. One of those wannabe's with a superhero complex. He should be in jail and definitely not in that job.

2. $1,000 for four days of TCC training? That is more than I pay for a YEAR of private lessons every week- And group classes, and other instructors to ask advice of during the many hours my school is open for training. :jawdrop: And I know I don't go to the cheapest school (good value- but not the cheapest.)

You can't learn a MA in a several day seminar, you need to practice over time with monitoring by a qualified instructor. You can only develop a little in 4 days. Better to spread out teachings with regular lessons over time- hopefully not with taxpayer dollars.

3. With all due respect, I think the following statement in the article is beyond stupid. Citizens won't be getting beat up by police officers because of TCC? :rolleyes: I mean I think I get what he was trying to say, but it didin't come across well - IMO. And in the context of defending someone misusing public funds, it especially doesn't come across well.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  2. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I like the bit about teaching an entire community Taiji so that they can't be beaten up by the police anymore. That's really funny. :D

3. Shmook

Shmook Valued Member

Drilling with a loaded firearm is always a good idea too...

The sheriff sounds like a numpty.

4. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

This is why electing law enforcement is a stupid idea.

5. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Can't imagine it ever happening in this country....

6. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

It's just as stupid when we do it, but at least we don't give the PCCs guns.

7. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

A laughed most at the fact the seminar(s) was run by Adam Mizner :D

Unless he intends on arresting people by chi-blasting through a pepper, he might as well have not bothered.

8. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Aside from the obvious World Taekwondo Federation moments on the background and antics of the individual concerned it is NOT unusual for a department to expend money on seeking alternative options and additions to an existing UoF strategy. In fact $1000 is pretty low for such enquiries

Not to say he isn't a flake, but spending money on MA courses is not necessarily inconsistent with SOP's for other agencies