Help With ITF Style Forms/katas/Poomse

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Chazz, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

I wanted to set up this thread so that TKD students who do ITF Chang Hun Forms Can ask questions.

I know i can help from Chon-Ji to Eui-Am (White belt to the first 2nd dan black belt form.

So if you have any questions on any Chang Hun form please ask and i or another TKD members can anster and give their help and ideas.

2. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

hmm that's a nice idea i know forms up to Won Hyo...
    -TkdWarrior-

3. Chazz

What is your Fav so far

4. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

READY AND WILLING WITH INFO FROM

SAJU_JIRUGI -> GAE-BAEK

Ever wanted to know about those releases??? The answers are all in my head.

Particularly for the higher grade patterns!

HE-HE

5. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Ah, I can use this right about now.
    I am presently learning Yoo Sin and Se Jong....

and waiting to receive a cdrom set that has all of the Chang Hon forms. I find following from a book way too confusing!
    Unfortunately it is imp[ossible to spend much time on forms in class so it is necessary to practice ... practice... and practice at home!

6. Chazz

Deb,
    Go to www.taekwondo.to and go to the link "patterns" it has all of the forms that the ITU does. Some of the names are spelled different but it will help a lot. trust me!

7. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Oh I am very familiar with the pattern mpg's on the ITU site ... they've helped me alot!
    The cdrom set that I plan on acquiring is here at http://www.comdo.com ... I just think it would make a nice addition to my "library".

8. Chazz

Oh ok cool. Yeah that looks like a great set there. I might think about getting it sometime as well

9. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

I've actualy got a question about Gae-baek...

Man it's going to be a discussion....

After the dodging turning kick do yuo guys go foot to foot spot turning or place the foot down and center line turn??

Cheers

10. Chazz

Where at in the form are you talking about. Im having a hard time placing it.

11. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

Moves 33 & 34 of Gae-Baek

33. Move the left foot to A about half a shoulder width while executing a middle turning kick to C with the right foot.

34. Lower the right foot to C, and then turn counter-clockwise to form a left walking stance toward D, pivoting with the right foot while executing a high vertical punch to D with a twin fist.

12. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

OK ... I see at which part in Ge Baek you are referring to (now that everyone is watching me do this form from my cubicle window here in my office at work....:D ) I need to run through the whole form so as I could try an answer this for you!

This is how I was taught....After the kick, both feet land and pivot turn 180 deg. with the twin fist punch... I've see it done both ways actually ....

13. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

This is the point.

For me there are some issues with how you do this in a practical sense but I want to hear peoples variations opinion first!

14. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

I am noticing with the advanced black belt forms there seems to be alot of bringing left foot to right and visa versa .... which is really where I am finding my problems.

I am either bringing in the wrong foot or stepping out with the wrong foot.... ARGHHHH!!!