Help please?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Kris x, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Kris x

Kris x :-p

I don't know if anyone can help me with this but here goes....

My abdominal muscles split and I was told not to go back to my training until the gap between them closed.

It's been nearly 17 months now and the gap is still there!

When will it go away and how can I speed it up?

I've been doing core exercises, is there anything else I can do as it's getting annoying now x.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  2. Gazz

Gazz New Member

ouch, you must be training them pretty hard:)

3. Kris x

Kris x :-p

Lol, Training didn't split them, having a baby did.

4. Gazz

Gazz New Member

haha sorry my bad. I think you should see your doc again

5. mma master

mma master New Member

Why not take a surgery with that? I think that would be the easiest way. That's if you can't take to see it anymore.

However, you should see a doctor first.

6. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

are you on about diastisis recti?

what exercises are you doing and what did the doctor order?

try these...

* Bridges: Lying on your back with knees bent, contract your abdominal, buttock, and pelvic floor muscles, and raise hips up off the floor. Hold for 5 seconds and relax down slowly. The farther your feet are from your buttocks the more challenging it will be. Bridging can also be progressed by lifting one leg while up in bridge position – but you must be able to keep hips level to do this.
    * Heel Sliding: Lying on your back, tighten your abdominal muscles and do a pelvic tilt. Slowly slide out one leg at a time while tying to maintain your pelvic tilt. You can progress to sliding both legs out together as long as you can keep the pelvic tilt and not allow the back to arch. Always bring legs back one at a time.

7. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

May be worth you going and finding a pilates class so you can work your core and build strength without it being high impact.

8. Lynz

Lynz Valued Member

Hey Kris,

My Mother had this .. and still has this from having my lil' sis from 10 years ago - she was advised that surgery was her only option - however she is petrified of going under the knife so she puts up with a destended stomach .

Saying that - your condition may be different- I would advise going back to the doctors to get a detailed check up and come up with a plan to rehabilitiate your tum.

Best of Luck.

Lynz