Help Needed Please! - NINJUTSU OR JUIJITSU!!!???

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Macca, Oct 21, 2007.

1. MagnumJoe

MagnumJoe The Live Bullet

Dude, i don't care about the romanization: it doesn't count for me! Japanese is japanese, not english. So i will write as i see fit to be pronounced as i know, as "Ninjiutsu". I dont care that if i write it in katana or hiragana another word other than "ninjutsu" will come up, as i don't care about the roman letter, all i care about is the japanese pronunciation.

And about nowadays ninjiutsu and historical one, i was stating the info i know. I didn't mean the confusion, and actually i didn't put in mind what's practical to learn(maybe that's my fault), i just stated info as i know them.

And please stop arguing this, because it's becoming ridiculous, actually it's becoming funny. I am starting to laugh about how stupid this argument is lol!

2. MagnumJoe

Dude: the guy was screaming in front of me lol!

O O O, and by the way, just to make things clear: i haven't any biases against any martial arts, i love them all! I love ninjiutsu, and actually, for sometime i thought i want to learn about it, but i didn't find anyone local, plus i liked the JKD, that in a way, contains a bit of all, even some ninjiutsu techniques, not philosophy of course, but techniques.

3. Big Will

Big Will NinpƓ Ikkan

Actually, JKD does contain some ninjutsu philosophy :D But that's a whole other ball game...

And if you still insist on writing "ninjitsu" after being corrected by people who know more about the subject... well... that IS funny, just like you said.

4. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Wow.
    Nice way to derail a thread over the spelling of a word.
    Well done fellas. :rolleyes:

5. MagnumJoe

WILLLLL!!!!!
    Cuddlebunnies!!!!
    I am gonna cry!!!!
    I told you i don't acknowledge romanization system! And i said Ninj"iu"tsu, not ninjitsu.

And the philosophy that's in jkd and in ninjitsu is a common martial art concept.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2007
  6. Big Will

Big Will NinpƓ Ikkan

*I am taking up my computer mouse and hitting my head with it*

Sorry, my bad... It's been a long day :D

7. MagnumJoe

Lol, it's ok...

8. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

lol, almost everything in all of your posts in this thread is completely wrong.

But I dont hate you for it. :love: :love:

Actually maybe not *wrong* per se... maybe "lacking" is a better term.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2007
  9. chimpjitsu

chimpjitsu extra valued member meal

This is why I love ninjutsu.

Even the very ninjas who practice it...think all the other ninjas are incompetent imbeciles.

10. MagnumJoe

Lacking, if you consider that a 100% right info you only get it from your sensei.
    I am not an expert, and i said that: i am talking about general outlines. No specificity.

And please, Big Will has been through all my posts, and he has checked them all, and i think i made myself clear, that he misunderstood me most of the time.

And you haven't been there since the beginning, and you can't judge what i write, as i write it to all people, and at the same time replying to specific ones.

To judge me, you will have to read all posts. All people's posts, not mine only.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  11. Banpen Fugyo

I dont think he practices it.......

12. slipthejab

Which makes it even funnier... because even the people who don't practice it think most ninjas are incompetent imbeciles.... :D
    joking people... joking

13. MagnumJoe

Of course i don't lol!
    And i never said that!
    And i don't need to practice it to talk about it in general, not in specifics!

14. MagnumJoe

That's wrong: i didn't say that, i never claimed that i had more info than Big Will, all what i was doing, wasn't defending my point of view, i was rather clearing myself up. Because he has misunderstood me about 3 times.

15. Banpen Fugyo

I did already, and they are misguided, 'tis all. Wiki isn't a good source for anything, especially ninpo.

Although I'm not going to read them all over again, i'll just say:

Ninja =/= Assassin
    Jitsu is a word and Jutsu is a word and jiutsu isn't.
    Samurai and ninja were usually one in the same
    We dont focus on pressure points, although we DO use them
    Ninja usually didnt sulk in the darkness and stab people in the back
    And I have no idea where the bare hands thing came in.

And I'm done.

Having cleared some of that mess up, I think that Japanese Jujutsu would be really fun :) I always wanted to try it from a non-ninpo source.

16. Banpen Fugyo

lol, oh the irony.

17. MagnumJoe

Dude, you too misunderstood me as Big Will did. I didn't say anything that contradicts what you said, and as i said: i don't acknowledge romanization system.

I never said that ninja = assassin. I said he is a sort of a spy, that has many functions, not just killing people.

I didn't say you focus on pressure points, i said you do more than many other martial arts, and you can't deny that.

And when i was talking, i was talking about historical ninja, not you. In the sengoku-jidai, ninja did sulk in darkness and stabbed people in the back, right?

And, can't you disable a person bare handed? And can't you render him unconscious bare handed? I think you can.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  18. slipthejab

Jesus H Christ kid... you don't have to respond to every single thing you think is a slight towards you.

Obviously you didn't say that!! Duh.
    I said it. :rolleyes:

19. MagnumJoe

The point is, i don't like untrue things said on my behalf. And again, i never claimed to have more info than Big Will. And again, even with Banpen Fugyo, i am not accusing him of having no info, i am again accusing him of misunderstanding what i am saying.

20. slipthejab

I'm sorry... you've mistaken me for someone who cares.
    :rolleyes: