Help Needed Please! - NINJUTSU OR JUIJITSU!!!???

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Macca, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Largely because I've been so put off by the practitioners of ninJITSU on this forum that I can't be bothered to research it.

2. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

Wow what a very sad thread. There are maybe 3 of us posting on this that have actually studied the art for any decent length of time. The rest of you are researching internet sites for your description.

Why don't you go find a dojo. A Kan, maybe if you're lucky a decent indie even. Nothing like Ashida Kim, then you will get that proof.
    You all sound like a bunch of high school kids, it's like listening to a 16 year old describe the merits of marriage and how to keep it together.

3. I'mKira

I'mKira Banned Banned

So, is there anyone on this thread who can point to a historical shinobi ryu that actually existed? Anyone? Don't be shy. The bad BJJers can't touch you in here.

4. MagnumJoe

MagnumJoe The Live Bullet

I cant believe you are arguing this! Are you serious?
    Are you stupid? Or playing stupid?
    This is a Japanese word, it has no "EXACT" equivalent in english no matter how much you tried! Besides, English isn't my mother tongue, i don't care how you read it: it has a way of pronunciation in japanese, and i know it, and i don't care to write it exactly in english!

Stop playing smart! And this is the way you judge a person? By a spelling mistake that you invented? How wise!

5. MagnumJoe

Dude, you are pathetic... Whether you understand my point or not, and obviously you don't...

6. Big Will

Big Will Ninpô Ikkan

First of all, there is no way on earth to romanize it as ninjitsu, as the japanese word contains two kanji - NIN and JUTSU.

The reason why I am so nitpicky about it, is because the falsely romanized ninjitsu is associated with frauds such as Ashida Kim. Second, because the information is so easily accessible (even the forum here on MAP is named ninjutsu, not ninjitsu) and Loord Spooky already made the distinction between the two words in THIS particular thread, there is no reason whatsoever to use ninjitsu in this context.

And for the record, I did not judge you on this spelling mistake. I said:

You made several posts in this thread that exposed your lack of knowledge about the martial art we commonly call ninjutsu. In case you didn't pick up the subtle message in my last post, here it is bluntly: DON'T POST ABOUT THINGS YOU KNOW NOTHING OF.

7. MagnumJoe

First of all, i don't care how it is romanized, because i am not from "roman" nor "european" origins, and romanization of japanese words isn't a Godly command. So it's not my job to romanize it: so... I dont give a damn how it is romanized!

Second of all: What did i state wrong? All what i said were very general outlines for this martial art! You wanna tell me Ninja didn't use pressure points? You wanna tell me Ninja didn't use joint locks and disabling of the opponent? This is what i have said so far! And i don't think this is wrong at all!

8. NZ Ninja

NZ Ninja Live wire.

The thing that really sets Ninjutsu apart from other arts is the fact that the grandmaster is 70+ years old and still actively teach,s the art, rolling, sword work ,throwing etc. How many martial arts can say the same??

9. Big Will

Big Will Ninpô Ikkan

Your written english is better than a lot of native speakers', so the whole "english is not my first language" argument really doesn't hold up. And like I said - there's no reason whatsoever to use ninjitsu when it's already been pointed out so many times (even in this thread) that it's "ninjutsu".

I was referring to these statements:

That's the first example showing you don't know what you're talking about. The first objective is to kill your opponent as fast as possible? Right... yeah, that's what we do. NOT.

Do I even need to point out that this is not accurate either? :rolleyes:

I don't know where you're getting your information (maybe movies and/or video games?), but it's incredibly wrong.

10. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Once I get some time I'll try to answer that. :)

11. Lord Spooky

I have to admit it always amazes how every bloke and his dog has an opinion on what Ninjutsu is and what existed and doesn’t exist. Even though most of the time they don't have a clue about classical Japanese arts in general let alone anything specific.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  12. I'mKira

I'mKira Banned Banned

I like how most Bujinkan people use qualifying words like "most" to get away with being condescending without actually naming who you're directing it at.

13. Lord Spooky

Kira keep your panties on, if it was directed at you I'd have said so. :rolleyes:

You know there's not any real need to be so confrontational. This was actually a pretty good thread, with you making some good points, until we had people coming on with stuff like this

14. Lord Spooky

This might be a start.

http://fujitaseiko.tripod.com/page4.html

15. KageAkuma

KageAkuma Valued Member

Thank you Big Will for at least attempting to come in here and talk some sense.

I swear it sounds like most of the information in here is coming from Ask a Ninja.

Not to mention this thread has widely gone off topic from the original post.

16. MagnumJoe

Dude, i said: i don't care! I don't care how it is romanized! Not that i don't know: i said: i don't care! The "i" and the "u" are same to me, because: english isn't my mother tongue: what's important to me, is it's pronunciation in japanese, not how it is written in english.

And still, i can't see what did i say wrong? Isn't a Ninja, a spy? And uses whatever in his disposal to kill if his mission is assassination? Or to overcome guards if he is on a mission to get info, or to have something sabotaged? And doesn't he have to be discrete? Isn't Ninj-(a,e,i,o,u)-tsu the art of stealth? And if he lost his weapon in a way or another, he should know how to escape, or disable his opponents manually? This doesn't need any knowledge! Cause if he didn't know that, how the hell is he going to accomplish his damn mission lol?

17. MagnumJoe

Ninja had this wooden weapon to strike pressure points accurately, i don't recall its name, but they took much care of pressure points, and that's what i meant, i didn't mean that ninja only uses pressure points.

Damn ninja: Even when they are dead they make discord between people lol!

18. Lord Spooky

Can I ask what research you've done into Ninjutsu? Have you studied it in anyway? Where are you getting your info from?

19. Big Will

Big Will Ninpô Ikkan

Sorry, that's not a good reason. The fact is, you tried to pass yourself off as someone who knows what he's talking about - and got exposed. And my bet is that your english is better than your japanese, so don't go around blaming japanese pronunciation here.

First of all - the original poster asked about ninjutsu as it is trained today - not some 300 years ago. Okay? Second, are you telling me you don't need "knowledge" to disable an opponent unarmed? What are you talking about?

Look, to talk about ninjutsu as a martial art, you need to be qualified in some way. You can't just say things you've heard or seen - that's what gives it a bad name. Stuff like "the objective is to kill your opponent as fast as possible" is not what we do.

20. MagnumJoe

From the military training of the US special forces, whenever they mention special pressure points, or rough joint locks, they always refer to Ninj'u'tsu(so that Big Will won't be mad at me).

It's used a lot in the military field.