HELP - need to gain energy fast

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by komuso, Apr 1, 2011.

1. komuso

komuso Valued Member

Hi folks,

I have a bit of an unusual request.

I have spent the last week totally smashed by gastro, and as a result haven't eaten very much at all. By which I mean a tiny bit of fruit and a piece of bread. It's on the mend, but I have dropped weight and am obviously as flat as a tack energy wise.

My dilemma - my band has a big show tomorrow night and need to spend 45 minutes flailing away like a madman as their percussionist. It can be a very strenuous activity - much like a hard training session. I can do some stuff to take it easy it on myself, but at the end of the day I need to put out a bundle of energy in about 24 hours, and right now I have practically none.

So do folks have any suggestions of things I can eat and drink (that are legal....) that might help me out? The reason I figured some mappers might be able to help is that I know folks sometimes have to strip weight rapidly before fights, which could end up leaving them needing to play fast catch up.

thanks!

paul

2. tonyv107

tonyv107 Valued Member

Pasta, lots of pasta!

3. osu,

Yeah, like Tonyv107 said, lots of pasta will help you........ and bananas during the show :)

Osu!

4. Bigmikey

Bigmikey Internet Pacifist.

honestly, as odd as it may sound, if your major goal is getting through that evening, just chug some of that 5 hour energy crap - VPX has a 7 hour energy that works rather well also.... it'll do what it claims ONCE as its whole gimmick is the overload of B vitamins. But once you've overloaded on those it takes a while for your body to flush them.

It'll definitely get you through the evening and have far less likelihood to convert into fat as pasta might. Long term, eating has to be reestablished but for the singular event you spoke of, look into either of the options I mentioned.

5. komuso

komuso Valued Member

My thanks Tony, Fred, and Big Mikey,

the show was huge, and the objective of playing my way through it with the usual levels of energy achieved.

I owe you all massive thanks!

paul

see folks.. sometimes even good things happen on MAP!

6. Osu,

You are very welcome, good to hear that the show went well. :)

Osu!