Help Me Write to Sponsors!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Pretty In Pink, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Basically I need decent protein powder, some cut man equipment and a new cup (If I could get a gi that would be sweet. Need help with who, what, where, when and how.

This is as far as I've got:

Dear Owner/Manager of [Company]

My name is Thomas Hepburn. I am a fighter hailing from Edinburgh, Scotland.

I am writing to you to inquire about sponsorship. I am an active competitor competing in Brazilian Jujuitsu competitions and Mixed Martial Arts bouts. I am currently in need of equipment and supplements for training purposes.

I am currently 4-1-0 with 3 submissions, 1 knock out and 1 loss via submission. I am an exciting fighter with serious ambitions of turning professional this year. I would like a sponsor that can follow me through my whole career, to however far I can go.

If you would be interested in supporting me please reply to this e-mail and I will contact you asap.

Yours sincerely.

Thomas Hepburn

2. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W9p_NFm6qk"]The Poet McTeagle - YouTube[/ame]

3. Ben Gash CLF

You need to show them evidence of exposure. They're sponsoring you to get their brand seen, so they need to see you in write ups and reports, preferably with photos.

Monkey_Magic likes this.
  4. Pretty In Pink

Oh yeah, gonna link off my fight videos.

5. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

This was going to be my suggestion. You're a dynamic fighter, I'm sure they're looking for that.

6. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Shared on our Twitter page. Hopefully we can get you some decent advice, Chadderz.

7. Pretty In Pink

Cheers Simon!

8. Pretty In Pink

Simon, if you're linking this thread on the Twitter page would it be cool to edit the original post to include videos and pictures?

9. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I don't think you should use the thread to promote yourself with videos.

We're happy to help with advice, but we have to stick to our rules regarding promotion.

If I get any messages through Twitter I'll make sure they are emailed to you.

10. Pretty In Pink

No worries, that's why I asked first :p

11. Pretty In Pink

Anyway, does anyone else have any other suggestions on wording, structure etc.

Also who you think might be good to reach out to?

12. Ben Gash CLF

Medium sized local companies are probably your best bet.

13. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

If you would be interested in supporting me, please reply to this e-mail and I will contact you asap.

It's one of only two comma rules I know! :p

Never use asap.

14. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Chadderz, I don't know anything about the fight business and sponsorship's, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

But maybe it should be rephrased more as a business proposition that benefits both of you? It comes across as you asking for support or help, rather than a mutually beneficial business deal.

Nachi and Monkey_Magic like this.
  15. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

https://www.maxinutrition.com/help/contact-us

Go to the dropdown box (sponsorship requests)

Fill oùt the box. There's obvious hoops to jump through and some credentials to check over.

Have you considered expanding your social media? A facebook athlete page, a separate instagram etc?

16. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Got an unopened Bad Breed A1 gi if you want it, what size are you?

17. Pretty In Pink

Cheers! I'll ask them very nicely :p

I really would not at this stage, be comfortable having a social media page until I am at least professional.

18. Pretty In Pink

Thanks man! I'm actually A3, but I very much appreciate the offer.

19. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

No worries bud. Will holler if I get my hands on any othet kit for you.

20. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

No worries. My friend is sponsored by them, mostly for his PT work. Although he does train and compete in MMA/BJJ comps.
    IIRC he just needed to stick their logo on his kit/gear, a banner on his site/fb. In return he gets the odd free product and a discount code that he can pass along to friends/family.

Which is kind of the standard actually. I got another friend who is sponsored by Puma. I have no clue how he managed that, but I have asked and he hasn't got back to me yet.