Help finding tabis

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Brad Ellin, Nov 30, 2002.

1. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Hello everyone. A few years ago I had an address for someone ( i believe they live in florida) who makes custom tabi, leather and cloth. Does anyone know of or have an address or contact for someone who makes tabi?
    Thanks!
    (ps Hi Papa-san, I'm back from Saudi Arabia)

2. eninpodotcom

eninpodotcom New Member

3. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Thank you. I just checked their site, close to what I am looking for. I'll drop them a line and see if I can get more details.

4. eninpodotcom

eninpodotcom New Member

Try KWON too.

They are listed as "mat shoes" there.

www.kwon.com

5. ichiro katsumor

ichiro katsumor New Member

why not make your own?

6. Joe karate

Joe karate New Member

Whats a "tabis"??

7. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Tabi are the split toe sock worn by the Japanese. Jika tabi are generally a canvas body, rubber soled, high top version. Worn by japanese laborers, firemen etc, much like work boots. What I am looking for is a leather version that I had come across a fw years ago.

8. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

Jukado.com sells them, but I can't you anything about the quality. (Prices are Canadian)

I'd guess they are leather based on the price.

Search for "ninja tabi"

9. ichiro katsumor

you know what i can make them for you if youll pay me

10. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Yes, but what kind of quality? Have any ictures of ones you have made before? How much? How long to make?

11. ichiro katsumor

you know what ive never made tabi before but im a pretty skilled leather worker and could make them (i personally beleive) as good as something youd get from a company off the net .as for time i think i could do it in about four days at the most.and i wouldnt cheat you or anything but if you dont want to go with that i could make myself a pair out of the materials though i never would wear them i dont know maybe i would hmm youve raised whole new questions for me lolbut hey if you want to give it a shot im game to try it and you know with a custom job i could add special features lol well whatever . peace to you all

12. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

Where can you get cloth ones??? I got some leather ones from www.martialartsmart.com catalogue but I want some cloth soft ones.

13. Jazman

Jazman New Member

sweeeeeeeet, tabis, my friend and I were gonna get some for fun(we're two 6 foot 2 inch 210 pound guys who run around and play "special agent" and "ninja", odd aren't we?) you could just go to google and search for "tabi boots" but they're only 28 us bucks at http://www.karate-mart.com/ftw004.html

14. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

You and your friends play ninja? Me and my friends roleplay like I am Shirley Temple and they are Bob Barker and Bill Cosby......... So I guess you aren't that odd.

15. Jazman

Jazman New Member

yeah, I guess we aren't wierd, we usually don't play ninja except during hide and seek. apparently my mom doesn't let me go places much because I'm "wierd"

16. ichiro katsumor

actually theyre for better traction when climbing and running (i think)

17. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

No they aren't. They are for playing ninja.

18. Jazman

Jazman New Member

yes, for playing ninja and for better traction, like climbing atop roofs and stuff then jumping down and beating your friends senseless

19. ichiro katsumor