Help/Advice: Good Vale Tudo/BJJ Clubs in Newcastle

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Ross G, Jul 11, 2003.

1. Ross G

Ross G New Member

Hi Everyone

I'm very interested in learning BJJ / Vale Tudo and would welcome any advice and help on good clubs and academies in and around the Newcastle upon Tyne area.

I've heard there is a very good BJJ class ran at Wallsend Boys Club by a guy called Dave Elliot. Ive also heard the names John Aitken and Lee Mair mentioned in glowing terms (AFC Newcastle or something??) who apparently run one of the best MMA academies in Newcastle.

Can anyone offer any points / advice, and if possible, contact details for where they would recomend?

As I said, I want a first rate club with an instructor who has a strong pedigree. I'm not interested in any 'airy / fairy' clubs. I'm also looking into Muay Thai, if anyone has any suggestions for this as well.

Much appeciated!

Ross

2. Jay

Jay New Member

3. Bon

Bon Banned Banned

Hah.

I live in Newcastle in Australia and there's a suburb called Wallsend within Newcastle. Coincidence or what?

4. Jay

Jay New Member

That aint a coincidence my friend :D

You'll find loads of places like that in OZ and USA and most other countries.

Jay

5. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Imitation is the best kind of flattery :D

6. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

Fools seldom differ ;)

Convicts the lot of em!

7. PantherFist

PantherFist Valued Member

Hey Ross G,
    Try this club in Byker, it has classes all week in the following arts:-

Freestyle Grappling, Thai Boxing,Kick Boxing, Boxing, JKD,Kali,Silat,Vale Tudo and Pheonix Fighting Formula(Street Defence)also Traditional JuJitsu, and I think Machado Brazilian JuJitsu.

http://www.phoenixmma.com

Its not a bad club, its a full time academy, I tried it once but found it not to my taste.

Try it, you might like it.

8. JiGsAw

JiGsAw New Member

does anyone know of any bjj/valetudo clubs in the surrey area such as godalming woking guildford or anywhere near there? cheers