Hello!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by BigBillie, Jan 9, 2004.

1. BigBillie

BigBillie New Member

Hi Everyone!
    Well, where to start..
    My name is Billy and I'm 16.
    Have never really done any SERIOUS MA but I am very keen to!! Not that it matters but I reached green belt in Judo a few years back and 2 years ago i did me yellow belt in TKD. Dont do either any more. Have been teaching myself a lot of stuff like: Nunchaku, Dim Mak, Tai Chi and Bojutsu which I am not too bad at as I also do Fire staff juggling which helps! Am learning a bit of the gymnastics of Wushu at the moment. Nearly got the hang of a single Butterfly Twist!!
    Have been studying the philosiphies and psychology of Jeet Kune Do for a while now and am obviously a fan of the amazing work of Bruce Lee and am grateful for the knowledge that he shared with the world.
    Am also a musician, plaing the cello, saxophone, piano and i sing.
    I live in Windsor and have done all my life and am open to any emails from peole living near!! Of course those far away can email me too!!
    Hope to have lots of replies!!!
    Billy
    x

2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

hi BigBillie. welcome to MAP

3. redi knight

redi knight New Member

hey man, welcome to MAP.
    seems like you're headed in the right direction,keep up that training, but make sure to live life too.

4. surgingshark

surgingshark Valued Member

Welcome to MAP!
    [I play the violin. Not very well, but I'm getting there :)]

5. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Welcome to MAP BigBillie!

6. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Enjoy your time spent here!!!

7. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

HI Big Billie. As I've said before, Welcome to the cult.

8. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

Welcome.

Guitar man here. The only thing I juggle is dating 2 or 3 girlfriends.:D

9. RubyMoon

RubyMoon New Member

Welcome to MAP from one musician to another. :)

I'm mainly a saxophonist, but I also play flute, keys, guitars, and a bunch of other stuff. I find a lot in common between martial arts and music. Last night I had my kung fu class, directly followed by a gig. It was hard to seperate one from the other! Sometimes the feeling of ripping through a funky sax solo is very similar to that of sparring with an opponent. Both involve timing, technique, and creativity. (And both can result in getting punched in the nose if you do them really poorly!)

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the forum. ;)