hello

Discussion in 'Western Martial Arts' started by the_kid, Mar 24, 2006.

1. the_kid

the_kid New Member

Hey guys whats going on does anyone around here do amateur wrestling. I would like to know how to do a back arch or somthing like that (names vary area by area) its a move where you basically bearhug someone then pick them up and fall backwards except you like arch your back and throw them into the mat. The only thing is i know that there is way more to it than that. It looks like a real fun move. So if anyone knows any drills for this move any videoclips ect or hell if you have to go and explain it all out i really would like to know this move and any help would be appriciated :)

2. Stolenbjorn

Stolenbjorn Valued Member

I practise Italian Medieval Wresteling (Fior Di Battaglia from 1410) as interpreted from this manual:
    http://www.varmouries.com/wildrose/fiore/fiore.html

It's very focused on NOT going down with the opponent, I guess that answers your question on wether I do the "back arch" :D

Otherwise it is very focused on controlling the centre, to obstruct the opponents balance-point, and on making high throws that makes the opponent fall backwards and land on his neck. I must allso say that it focuses on wresteling with armed (and armoured) people. Some who have done Aikido says it resembles Aikido. Some that do Aki Jutzu(?) said that the hand/wrist/elbow/hip bit resembels what they do (it differs from Aki-Jutzu in that Fiore never goes down with the opponent).

On the picture, you see me beeing a victim of most importaint aspects of Fiore-wresteling:
    *My opponent holds the centre
    *He has offset my balancepoint
    *He throws me high, so that I'll fall on my neck (unless he choose to snap my neck instead)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2006