Hello MAPers

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Saccade, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Saccade

Saccade Valued Member

My name is Pete.

My profile lists all the info that is suggested to be given here, so to save time you can click the profile - it should be open to all.

I have practised several styles of Martial Art over the years, taking what I deem to be useful, to me, from each one.

I currently am focussed on Fencing and Wol Ge Kwan (The Victor's Laurels) Hapkido, which is turning out to be - so far, at least - the free style that I have been looking for all these years.

Elements of Aikido, Muay Thai, TaeKwonDo, Karate, Gung-Fu, JiuJitsu - all there...

It seems to be the most complete, and is respected unlike other "new" Martial styles I have trained in, in the fact that it augments what I already know and still has techniques that I have not learned training under other teachers in other styles - regardless of their emphasis on pugalism (and defence from), gamae, protection of the aggressor from techniques that could potentially lead to serious injury or even fatalities, evasion, projection or neutralisation.

The spiritual aspect of the training, Ki meditation, is of a type I have not seen outside of "sexercises" (a series of bedroom exercises, to enhance performance both in an out of that area) that I have been compiling - hoping to publish once all the columns are finished.

That's Intellectual Property of Me, by the way...

It really does help reach that magic moment of MuShin where you perform as the reactive beasts (though very highly trained, reactive beasts) that human beings are and that many Martial Art styles have been based upon.

I look forward to meeting you all and am only sorry that my joining here would have been under more favourable circumstances.

Had I found this forum a while back, I most likely would've joined then and there - the knowledge base and opinions of the members here is very extensive and I have been reading it with salivating jaws...

I hope that I can contribute in the ways that I have mentioned.

Not with salivating jaws...

2. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Hiya Pete, Welcome to MAP :)

3. Saccade

Saccade Valued Member

Hi Carys - MAP is an English-speaking site. Please provide translations when posting in other languages. - Anth

Is that right?
    Llareggub... That brings back memories from being a kid.

I never learned Welsh very well when I was at Holyhead since it was a Naval (Fleet Air Arm) base and everyone was English...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2008
  4. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

Welcome to Map

5. Saccade

Saccade Valued Member

Jeez - Am I just popular with Welsh people or is it just that the Welsh are going to take over the UK?

As predicted a few years ago...

6. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

Its just that us Welsh are so friendly.

7. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Hi Mushin

Welcome to MAP

regards koyo

8. Saccade

Saccade Valued Member

Except for the ones who live near that bridge...

I did like being at Holyhead. Does that count as Wales?

I wonder if Koyo's secretly Welsh.

9. Saccade

Saccade Valued Member

Father Xmas: "MUSH Prancer! MUSH Dancer and Dasher and Vixen and Cupid and Blitzen, Comet and Donner!

Hey, wait a mo'... Where's Rudolph?"

Vixen: "Oh, yeah, Santa... We forgot to tell you - he got really hyper..."

Prancer: "He was allergic to all that coca-cola you've been trying to sell the world since August. He broke his leg at the shin when he believed he could fly your sleigh without you..."

Father xmas: "Dear god... No... Rudolph's the only one that people ever remember! *sob sob sob* He's even got his own song!"

Vixen: "Yeah, thank christ that'll be over with now. All we have to do next is kill the Snowman FOREVER, mind - Global Warming's doing that, and it's all us, baby!"

Cupid: "There there Nicky, have a tissue... We all loved him, but he had to be put down - he was past it anyway and coca-cola paid quite a bit to include bits of him in their 'secret ingredient'."

Blitzen: "Yeah, *flicks ash off cigar* we got more than the knacker's woulda given us fer 'im..."

Father xmas: "Oh... *sniff* I can't believe it... My own song, too... WAIT!! Why didn't we do that with Bambi's mother when we had the chance?! We needed the money more then..."

Dasher: "Live and learn, mate. Live and learn..."

Comet: "But if you send any of us to that awful knacker's yard OR coke factory, we'll bite your decorative christmas balls off. [sotto voce] ya fat piece a cake"

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2008
  10. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Removed, Pete (damm you for letting the cat out of the bag tho'!!! :evil:)

MAP is an English-speaking site. Please provide translations when posting in other languages. - Anth

Caergybi/Holyhead is very, very Welsh...just has lots of Gaelic graffitti daubed around, lol.

Actually, us Welshies are taking over the world...starting with MAP

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2008
  11. Dragonhead

Dragonhead Manchester United Fan :)

hello and welcome to MAP, pete :hat:

12. Saccade

Saccade Valued Member

Thanks for the Edit! :star: Nice one, LLandegwadagreninjagaidencybermonkeyballsuperblastrubberduckyGO-III!

13. Saccade

Saccade Valued Member

LOL - oookaayy...

14. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Can people please remember that MAP is an English-speaking site, not Welsh or any other language?

15. Saccade

Saccade Valued Member

Hi DragonHead.

That's a spooky co-oincidence...
    My last avatar just got the chop cos of it's reference to Winston Churchill.

I hope this one's not gonna get it too.

Is the Acceptable, Non-English Way of doing it okay?

Minus the Cigar...

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  16. Saccade

Saccade Valued Member

How'd you get to be a Man U fan?
    I guess it's true when they say they've more fans than the UK population worldwide.

Mind, they've certainly got players from further afield than most Premier teams.

I think it was playing school football that I found out that I kicked southpaw and boxed regular, having been forced into being right handed.
    It meant learning to compensate for both stances eventually.

I think it's why I chose Martial Art over school curricular sports / athletics.
    It was one way to still get to play in a team, but perform by yourself too.

And the freedom of expression...

That's something else.

17. Pkaaaww!!

Pkaaaww!! Not-So-Valued Member. Yet

Bout time

Its about time you showed your face and so I can stop taking the hits for you.
    Good to see they finally let you on even though you're getting edited to bits.

Loudmouth.

:ban:

Nah Jus Kiddin!

18. Dikzzz

Dikzzz Valued Member

Welcome