Hello, leave a response, thanks

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by DamianL, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Look you came on here asking for advice and you were told that , going on the clip you provided, your striking needs some work! Of course it’s up to you as to if you are going to listen to that advice.

Now believe it or not but we do have a wide range of experienced Martial Artists on here including people who are current and former Military or Law Enforcement and folks who work in the security field, everything from Door Staff to Executive and Dignitary protection. Plus we’ve got guys and gals who take part in MMA competitions and other full contact events. These people do actually know what they are talking about when it comes to Martial Arts and so IMHO opinion you would do well to listen to the advice and opinions given as once you’ve figured out who to listen to then this place is a gold mine of info.

:)

2. munkiejunkie

munkiejunkie sanity's requiem

This person makes sanj look like a master fighter in MMA. Mate- go to a mauy thai gym, ask for a bout, tape it, and show us. If you are as good as you say you are you will floor them and the tape will show it. Until then, I will regard everything you say as bullshot

3. Wynnston

Wynnston Member

Hey I like your new avatar - are you trying to squeeze one out? :D

Either;
    1. The guy needs (professional?) help

or

2. It's part of a fiendish mod test and the user is in fact the construct of the twisted imaginations of several admins :D

or

3. We're all being taken for a ride.

4. munkiejunkie

munkiejunkie sanity's requiem

I will believe that he can call a video game character teh b3s7 f!gh73r in the world, mental retardation must be in effect. please dont go to hard, he doesn't know any better. As a side note- learn to type

5. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Dude, we're not the ones citing video games as credible martial arts instruction.

6. |MT|omar

|MT|omar Thai Boxer

Man i'd pay a whole $5 to see you in a fight, the comedic relief would be the equivalent of watching one of those old Eddie Murphy movies like Beverly Hills Cop :D

7. |MT|omar

|MT|omar Thai Boxer

Oh by the way, can the mods move this thread somewhere where my post count will get +1, coz i've posted a few times and it feels like a waste :p

8. DamianL

DamianL New Member

I know there are some professional people here,, but all that stuff about I'm telegraphing my moves,,one of the people here said I threw punches 3 a second at the fastest,,so even then,,that would be 6 punches,,thats ok,,coz of course you count both arms,,,but in the space of 10 seconds I threw 40 punches or so,,I looked,,and going at that speed you better believe that it would hurt,,and you wouldn't see em coming,,,

anyway it was never a point to show off, Ijust introduced myself,,someone asked to see,,and I thought fair enough,,and I thought that would be the end. I had no idea,,i'd get accusations of speeding things up...or anything...

and for "Video Games"..well for ex. Tekken,,you can learn to really do kings moves,,and with the same force,, I think they are invaluable...y'know,,when they are designed,,serious thought goes into making a characters fighting style,, now as for Urien/Gill,,apart from the fact they have great strength,,most of their moves are very straight. they do have great elbows..very solid knees.. they fight to destroy and it shows.

finally if you have advice on how to throw a punch,,good!!! I want to hear it!
    like I said those punches were too slow,, I want to improve, so instead of insulting,,why don't you say something. if you would how you can throw a good punch, with out telegraphing it nomatter what the speed,,without putting the shoulder back,,well I Really am listening!

9. Lord Spooky

Yes you would see em because you are advertising what you are going to do with the rest of your body!! Most people who do MA can spot those little cues that an untrained person gives off when they hit and that's exactly what you're doing when striking!! Just do youself a favour and get away from the idea of how many times a second you can punch or how fast you can punch and learn the basics!!

Keep in mind that many people on here get hit , hard, by people who know how to strike so your attitude of "one punch will knock you down" is off! They will have been hit hard and fast, probably faster and harder than you can deliver and they'll of took it!!!

Throw one of your punches to the body of someone who's done Systema for any length of time and watch them stand there and smile! Heck throw one at thier face but just be ready to have it sent back at you with something added to it for fun ;)

Go at a boxer then brace yourself as he walks all over you!

oh and drop the video game stuff as people are just going to think you're being a troll!!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2005
  10. |MT|omar

|MT|omar Thai Boxer

Just out of curiosity damian, how long can you keep this punch rate up in say a minute?
    what i mean is, for how many seconds/minutes can you punch at a constant speed?

If you really can punch at 10 times per sec, and u can do it for a whole minute then i'll have to say that you just shattared the world record for "Most Martial Art Punches In 60 seconds" which currently stands at 420 = 7 punches per second

11. |MT|omar

|MT|omar Thai Boxer

I agree, i had a full contact spar with the best MT fighter in my class... and i survived
    We went all out on eachother and im still here to tell the story, mind you this guy has about 5 years more experience than me and i didn't get KO'd

Im not tryin to say that im a tank, what i mean by that is, that even a fighter who isn't as experienced can hold his ground agaist many punches and kicks

12. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

go watch a boxing match. or even better join a boxing gym.

13. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Stop telegraphing.

There were maybe two good punches in that vid.

Join a gym. We're all agreeing on that.

Stop learning from video games and books, and get in the ring with an experienced instructor.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2005
  14. DamianL

DamianL New Member

I'm more interested in the speed of the other guy,,who ever it was who made some claims a few months ago,,how good was he?I'm most interested.

as for learning,,fine,,I never said I was brilliant,,just that I am gifted,,and yes I do believe it is possible to learn every style..but thats what I think. I know noone else would think that. and even if it is incorrect,,for the way i did it it was fine,, It came out how I wanted,, imagine the force I can do with correct technique,,, thats all I'm saying.

what you saw was my natural ability,, I'm not trained in a style,,,but I have had some fullcontact figts,,and against some big people too,,,but what is more important is how a mind works,,, here let me give you an example..

A guy got me in a head lock,, so I lifted him with one hand since he was holding onto my neck,,he is was making himself light,, and so with one hand I lifted his whole body way above my head,,, and I said to him he was stupid,,, coz I could have thrown him onto the ground,,, he could fall on his head and die.

thats the way I think,,but now,,I had a diffrent idea,,about movement and what it means to fight, and so I wish to learn, thats all, ok now?

so all the submission holds,,and locks and throws,, I already got em well in my mind, I know what to do,, so I'm approaching this with things in a particular order.

I've got a long way to go,,Iknow that, but,,,oh yeah I been in fights with kick boxers,, I'm not a dummy,,,and so sorry to write so much,,but it seems to go on like this,,and soon i will probably be told off.

Also I won against people with knives and baseball bats. etc.

but it's not a place to show off.

15. Lord Spooky

Stop looking at it as wining and start looking at it as surviving!! ;)

16. creswell

creswell New Member

This fella has got be having a laugh.

17. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Next step will be chi balls and radki

18. Lord Spooky

Er no it’s not sorry not going to happen people just don’t live long enough! :D
    Just one of the two arts I do can take a life time to understand and years to become competent in it’s use! And as some one has said certain styles will conflict with one another, they have different approaches, and these conflicts will interfere with your learning process which again slow things down even more!

Are you saying you know every submission and lock or throw !! oh come on!

Right lets take BJJ (BJJ folks feel free to jump in and correct me ) as an example now they’ve got loads of different ways of chocking you, just using your Gi and Belt, I’m sure a guy I know who trains BJJ said it was something like 20 ish ways of doing just that!

Saying, especially considering you’ve no training, you know how to do all the submissions and locks and that is just daft as there are that many types and variations. Heck there’s a number of variations of Omote Gyaku and that’s just one lock. Have you considered there are techniques out there that you know nothing about???

19. Lord Spooky

hmm yeah my Troll alarm is starting to go off :bang:

20. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Let's just say he wasn't all that, and there was no bag of chips.

"Gifted" implies some natural talent, and no one is ever an accurate judge of their own talents.

As for learning all styles. Uhm, no. Ever meet a bagua instructor? hsing i? emai snake fist? emai water boxing? dog boxing? turtle? There are close to 300 Chinese arts alone. good luck spending the next 10 or 15 lifetimes trying to learn every MA.

Oh, goodie, the stories.

And if you had any shred of training, you'd be aware that depending on the circumstances, that's one of the dumbest things you could ever do.

Get to a gym, you won't learn to move from a video game.

RIIIIIGHT.

Then perhaps you'll start listening to the advice bienbg given instead of getting all defensive?

This is fun, but I have work to do that I should probably get back to...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.